Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 02:45 AM

Default BEAT: GUY QUITS PLAYING ME AFTER LIKE 45 MINUTES

First beat: Went to play 8/16 live instead of just playing online.
Second beat: Lost [censored] $200 in a 3/6 game against a bunch of subhuman retards 2-3 outting me on the turn every single pot I played and then not even trying to get value out of their absurd catches.
Third beat: There's a list of like a dozen people for 8/16 and when it gets called somehow there are only 8 seats filled. You might think that 8/9 seats being filled is good enough, but not for the cock gobbling nits that play live, so as soon as the game started 8 handed I knew it was doomed unless someone would be willing to play me until they ran out of money HU.
Brag: I won my $200 back and am up about $100 before 8/16 game gets HU.

So, naturally in about 2-3 hours the game goes to 6 handed then 5, 4, 3 and then HU. Guy wins every pot for the first 30 minutes basically and takes like a rack and a half off me. In the next 15 minutes I finally figure out that he plays super straightforward and I finally get some winning hands and take him to value town and I get back to almost even for the day. THEN HE GETS CALLED FOR NO LIMIT AND QUITS ME. WHO QUITS HU AFTER 45 MINUTES. DOES HE NOT KNOW I'M A FISH AND HE SHOULD SIT AROUND UNTIL I SUCK OUT ON HIM FOR ALL HIS MOBNEY? Maybe I'm just bitter because I was losing and there was no way that he was going to leave with any money if he had kept playing me.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:38 AM

Default Re: BEAT: GUY QUITS PLAYING ME AFTER LIKE 45 MINUTES

it took you 45 mins HU with this guy to realize he was a straight-forward player?

That to me is the real beat.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:40 AM

which place is this? san diegos harrahs or baronas?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it took you 45 mins HU with this guy to realize he was a straight-forward player?

That to me is the real beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it was a live game. 45 minutes is like 5 hands. I'm used to playing online where people are putting moves on the moves they put on me and they will raise from the button every single time. It wouldn't matter if I was Phil Ivey, he still would have won against me for the first 30 minutes, he flopped a pair every single hand he played except the one time he called me down with Ace high which was still more than good enough against 8 high. Also, I suck at HU.

Edd, it was Viejas.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:53 AM

dude its live, everyone plays passive as [censored] and youre better off just valuebetting 95% of the time against these players. stop trying to put plays on those degenerates and losing racks that should be yours.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude its live, everyone plays passive as [censored] and youre better off just valuebetting 95% of the time against these players. stop trying to put plays on those degenerates and losing racks that should be yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

live players = retards
Old 08-22-2006, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this strategy worked much better when I started flopping pairs and I had monsters like AQ high to value bet with in the last 15 minutes. Thus the HU match being a BEAT because he left when he was finally not getting lucky on me every hand. It's not like it was physically possible for my opponent to have any hope of beating me in the long run, I'm just pissed that I didn't get all the monies he had with him and that I wasted my time to go play live for like 4 hours or something.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:04 AM

those players are the biggest reason i love playing live. they refuse to fold AK no pair or their second or bottom pairs in limit and will never fold any single draw for any amount of money in no limit.

even the party nl25 players are probably better than live players.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
even the party nl25 players are probably better than live players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're serious, but I agree. I'm pretty much 100% certain I can beat any lineup of live NL (1/3 or 2/5) where I play, while I'm like 400% certain that I'm a losing player at 25NL online.