Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 09:27 PM

Default Foxwoods 10/20

New to these stakes, but been winning at the game below for about a year.

Hero is BB with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
MP3 is straight-forward, tag.
MP1 is playing way too may hands, seeing way too many showdowns, and passive.
BB is also loose passive, but not as bad as MP2.

2 early position players, including MP2, limp.
MP3 raises.
SB calls, hero calls, ep calls, mp2 calls.

Flop:
5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB checks, Hero checks, Checks around.
Expecting it to check to MP3 so I can check-raise very draw-heavy board, obviously didn't work. Should I lead here? I don't think draws are going to fold for 1 bet, but at least I have re-draws and it wouldn't have checked around. On the other hand, I was fairly certain MP3 would make a continuation bet.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

SB bets, hero raises, ep folds, mp2 goes into the tank for a long time and calls, mp3 folds.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB checks, hero ... ?

I am almost certain MP2 is calling two cold on the turn with a donk-draw, and this river fills about half of them. Is this is a bet/fold? check/call? bet/call?
Old 08-20-2006, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods 10/20

Check behind. probably call down a resonable bet. If you leads out, I think you have to fold to a raise.

I think MP2 probably hits his draw, and SB has 2 prs, QT.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:40 PM

It's a 10/20 limit game. The bets are all going to be "reasonable." I'm thinking it's either a bet/call or a bet/fold, perhaps depending on what the SB does if MP2 raises. I'm still ahead of alot of draws and quite a few made hands, so checking just seems wrong.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:12 AM

Bet the damn flop. Lead right out into the field, if raised, three-bet. Bet the damn river, you have a HUGE hand still and all sorts of 2pair hands, etc will pay off, bet, bet!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:38 AM

I hate your flop check. Bet it out and go for the 3bet.

And I would bet the river and reevaluate from there.

Haupt_234
Old 08-21-2006, 02:27 AM

OMG you are in perfect position to bet 3-bet this thing. Fire away on the flop. The draws aren't going away for any number of bets on the flop. Yeah the turn and river suck, but keep going.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:14 AM

this is a perfect spot to lead out. bottom set on a draw heavy board is perfect.

go back and re-think the hand.. and think if you were any of the villains, if someone came out betting from the blinds, you're going to bump this flop with a HUGE number of hands.. allowing you to jam jam jam.

a lot of people will say the turn card is bad, but its actaully perfect because its going to make a lot of 2nd best hands, allowing you to jam some more in.

river, i think at this point (if played the way i advocate) the pot is nice n large and you can lead right out and call a raise.

the way played, the pot is real small and value betting is silly, because with such a small pot a lot of the time you're going to get called and/or raise with the worst hand, and theres no value in calling really. so i check/fold or check/call based on your read.. since you can use this when you play live to make close decisions like this.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero is BB with 5 5

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB is also loose passive, but not as bad as MP2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you're ready for 10/20? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Anyway...

Preflop: Good.

Flop: I prefer betting out here. If you bet you are likely to trap callers in between you and the preflop raiser, and they most likely won't put you on a set. I don't think check/raising is terrible, because you'll put pressure on gutshots, but I think betting out is the a slightly better play.

Turn: Looks good.

River: I would check and call a single bet. This card sucks ass, obviously, but the pot is big and your hand is too strong to fold for just one bet. If it is bet and raised after you check I think you have to fold.

Just my opinion...
Old 08-21-2006, 04:50 PM

LOL. I meant to say the SB was loose passive but not as bad as MP2. Thanks for the help!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:54 PM

Thanks Bill (and every one else).

Clearly I need to lead this flop. My thinking was I'd be facing draws (particularly gutshots, but any draw) with 2 cold by waiting for the original raiser to bet. Is this wrong because (1) trying to get 3 bets in protects my hand just as well, (2) the OESD and flush draws ain't folding no matter what I do so I can't protect this hand, or (3) with my holding it's more important to build a big pot than protect because I have a good hand with a redraw if someone makes a better hand?

Thanks!