Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 04:44 PM

Default How can I start in highschool?

Is there anyway to start generate revenue on the web at such a young age? I'm wondering because I kind of fail at poker because of my compulsiveness and was wondering if there was anything I could do right now to set my self up for the future.

I guess the first idea is to generate some money to start a bussiness. I guess I would have to get an after-school job, or something.

I guess the real question is this even plausable? I really want to start a bussiness soon whether it is on the web or in real life, but I'm not sure if I should just study and educate myself for a 9-5 job in the future.

Thanks, and sorry if this post was vague and pointless
Old 08-20-2006, 07:40 PM

Default Re: How can I start in highschool?

College is probably the next best step for you. You can scheme about money-making ideas when you're studying in college. First worry about your education. That's more important; worry about making money later.

Also, if you pay attention, you can learn a lot from even menial crappy jobs (e.g., how a particular business runs, etc.).
Old 08-20-2006, 09:19 PM

Start reasearching real estate and work to establish great credit starting tomorrow if you haven't already (you should be able to find some credit tips on the web.

I know it is not a business but it will get you ahead if you own rather than rent from day one. If you are going to need a place to live after high school you mine as well own the place and have your roomates pay the mortgage and then some than you pay rent and have nothing to show for it.

Once you own start gaining some equity you will also start gaining some collateral to borrow against for future investments.

PM if this sort of thing interests you. I might be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

PM if this sort of thing interests you. I might be able to point you in the right direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

share the knowledge... i would greatly appreciate if you pm'ed me or just shared in this form.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:41 AM

Go to digital point forums and read about how to make websites that generate revenue from advertising revenue from programs like Google Adsense.

For example, you make a poker site with strategy information. Then you put ads on the site and make money every time a person clicks on the adds.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
College is probably the next best step for you. You can scheme about money-making ideas when you're studying in college. First worry about your education. That's more important; worry about making money later.

Also, if you pay attention, you can learn a lot from even menial crappy jobs (e.g., how a particular business runs, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

very true..plus while in college can join a frat, keep a book, and make a ton of money off your frat brothers.

Uh, at least I heard that this can be done. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2006, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go to digital point forums and read about how to make websites that generate revenue from advertising revenue from programs like Google Adsense.

For example, you make a poker site with strategy information. Then you put ads on the site and make money every time a person clicks on the adds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a sick # of visitors for this to be profitable (IIRC). I have no experience, so take this with a grain of salt.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:41 AM

I couldnt agree more with CrayZee.

The Idea about buying a house isnt always possible. Where I live a 2 room aparmtent costs from 300K $ and up... And most highschool kids cant save up that 60 grand min. deposit while getting the bank to lend them the rest [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2006, 08:09 AM

There are all kinds of little businesses a young guy can start that don't require much start-up capital. Landscaping, pool cleaning, gutter cleaning, oil changes. Basically anything people don't want to do for themselves, they're willing to pay up to have someone else do.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:00 PM

I was reading one of ur post and it says you can help out with real estate stuff. I was wondering what can you share with a person whos new to real estate investing.