Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 01:25 AM

Default now this is a river fold

do you agree?

BB is a 20/18 and plays fairly well. Might be a 2p2er. He also usually will pause after being riased or something, but he playe this hand very fast. (this doesnt factor into my decision much, but i think its interesting) The other schmoe is a 50/XX lag.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (21.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero folds....

ok, let me have it....

peace

john nickle
Old 01-24-2006, 01:43 AM

Default Re: now this is a river fold

cnfuzzd,

I pay this off. I'm probably wrong for doing so though... what does he cold cap pf with from the bb, cap the flop and then 3-bet the turn with other than AA or an outside chance of 99.

22 to 1 is a lot though...
Old 01-24-2006, 01:45 AM

Eh, I get what you are saying.

Still 21:1?

How many hands are we talking over? And what do you know about his postflop play.

I need to know someone pretty well to fold here.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:47 AM

The pots so bloated, your getting like 20/1 for your call, people go on tilt, how many hands is ur hand based on? What does he think of you as a player? This is stuff running through my head, im calling here getting 20/1+..then really taking note
Old 01-24-2006, 01:49 AM

why call the turn if you're gonna fold the river? The K doesn't change anything. If he's good like you say he can't have KK. If he's not you shouldn't be folding.

That said, if he's a solid reasonable player there's no way you are ahead after he 3bets the turn. You better have a damn good read that he plays logically to make that laydown though.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:51 AM

a) I puke that you folded
b) I cap the turn
c) I call the river
d) I wonder how -EV of a fold this was. I think its worse than open folding AA UTG...three times.
e) why are you calling the turn 3 bet to fold the river? the one out draw looks tempting if you really thought you were behind

in a nutshell, this is some overplayed hand like QQ too often or AK/AQ/AJ or simply tilt. Never ever fold.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why call the turn if you're gonna fold the river? The K doesn't change anything. If he's good like you say he can't have KK. If he's not you shouldn't be folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also not a huge fan of pre-flop unless XX is a really big number (30s +).
Old 01-24-2006, 01:53 AM

capping the turn seems like spewing to me if you know he's a good player
Old 01-24-2006, 01:55 AM

disagree. 20/18 seems awful tag to me. for this kind of player to be good, i think he puts on an awful lots of pressure on opponents and 3 betting the flop with AK/AQ seems definitely possible. Are we really putting him squarely on 99/AA after the flop/turn action?
Old 01-24-2006, 01:56 AM

I very rarely see a guy with those stats 3bet AK/AQ on the flop in that spot (OOP, 3 way pot, coordinated board). Definitely not enough to justify capping the turn imo.