Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2006, 01:59 AM

Default AA 60 hand

very good live 60-120. i get AcAd utg+1 and raise, awful player next in cold calls, sb who is maybe decent sometimes laggy calls, bb who is good semi laggy calls. 4 of us.

the flop is 875 w/ two clubs. sb checks, bb bets, i raise, fish calls two cold, sb 3 bets, bb caps, i call, fish calls.

the turn is 5c. sb bets, bb calls, i raise, fish calls two cold, sb calls, bb calls.

the river is another 5. sb checks, bb bets, i call.

comments?
Old 08-20-2006, 02:05 AM

Default Re: AA 60 hand

I like a river raise, BB is definitely calling and may pop it again with QQ.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a river raise, BB is definitely calling and may pop it again with QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be silly, he doesn't decide that QQ is not good enough to 3 bet preflop and then go this apeshit on the flop. Since we have teh Sb left beind, and he will probably call the river with any boat, i think a call is pretty obvious here. If you think the SB is draw a lot, then a raise is ok, but in vaccum there is just no reason to re-open the betting to someone who has shown this much strength when you can probably get a third player to call with worse hands a lot.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:22 AM

Mike,

I play it the same way and I'm not really sure where you can do anything different.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:38 AM

what if i fold the flop?
Old 08-20-2006, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what if i fold the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm. A bad player and 2 lags capped it up. Real hard to fold for me.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:05 AM

Have you considered that AA is no good?

Why are you raising the turn where you are quite likely behind? to get re-raised? I mean. You put them on 78 or A8 or a pocket?

What about 88, 77, 65? Flush?

If it's 65, 88 or 77, you're drawing to 2 outs.

if it's a flush, you're drawing to um, 13 - 6 = 7 outs. You can take out the 7 or 8 as an out, so 6 outs.

What are you trying to chase out on the turn that's going to fold and what are the chances you're drawing dead or slim?
Old 08-20-2006, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you considered that AA is no good?

Why are you raising the turn where you are quite likely behind? to get re-raised? I mean. You put them on 78 or A8 or a pocket?

What about 88, 77, 65? Flush?

If it's 65, 88 or 77, you're drawing to 2 outs.

if it's a flush, you're drawing to um, 13 - 6 = 7 outs. You can take out the 7 or 8 as an out, so 6 outs.

What are you trying to chase out on the turn that's going to fold and what are the chances you're drawing dead or slim?

[/ QUOTE ]

You aren't counting outs very well if he's up against a flush. Not sure why you are discounting a 7 or 8, but you are also overlooking two 5s and 2 As. He has 10 or 11 outs, and by raising the turn, he may get a hand like 99 or A6 to fold which would be very good for him.

And, gabe, I have to disagree. The BB may well have a JJ or QQ, not threebet it preflop, then use the flop as a perfect opportunity to force out a presumed AQ/AK type of hand.

Mike, I prolly raise the river. I think BB put you on a flush and is betting his fullhouse. You can't count on any overcalls. I don't see how BB can be only calling your turn raise with a boat, given that SB's already put in two bets and will likely put in a third with a hand that is drawing (and drawing dead).

Raise the river (and, yes, pay off a 3rd bet)

Josh
Old 08-20-2006, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how BB can be only calling your turn raise with a boat, given that SB's already put in two bets and will likely put in a third with a hand that is drawing (and drawing dead).

[/ QUOTE ]

also fish put in 2 bets on the turn. im with you. i gotta think bb 3bets a boat on the turn with all the dead and near dead money.

i say raise it up. hope fish calls with an 8 and sb calls with tt.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:18 AM

raise this every day of the week... I think we're almost always ahead here... on the flop the sb check/3 bet and the bb capped...... the turn completes the flush, and the sb bets out, and the bb only calls, leading me to believe (@ least assuming we're dealing w/ lag's, retarded fish and straightforward players) that the bb has 78 or an overpair, and the sb hit his flush... then the river comes, and the sb checked when the 3rd 5 hit, further leading me 2 believe that the he has the flush... the bb now bets, which is consistent w/ a boat and or overpair... yes, it's concievable he's got 77 or 88, but there r only 6 possible hand combinations of that, where as he could also have 99-QQ where there are 24 possible combo's, not to mention 78... I'm raising and calling a 3 bet here every day of the week (just for clarification if he 3 bets I think we're behind, it then becomes a crying call, but a call none the less)