Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2006, 06:37 PM

Default AQo from SB...gimme a line

Probably pretty simple, but its just one of those situations where I never feel completely comfortable playing

Button's weighing in at 45/22/1.5 over a couple hundred mined hands...Haven't noticed anything special aside from a few retarded calldowns in hopeless situations

BB's coming in at 24/12/1.0 over ~100 mined hands...He's only been around for an orbit or two, but so far his play has mirrored his pussy-esque stats(CC'd my CO raise with 10's and proceeded to call down each street on a non-threatening board)
---

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Button calls, HERO...?

Thanks
Old 08-19-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Re: AQo from SB...gimme a line

This is a tricky spot, since it is so easy for BB to have 2 pair or a straight already if this raise isn't an OESD plus pair. Button likely has at least a straight draw as well, so your equity on the flop is probably not especially good for you.

I'd call the raise and either bet/call (low safe looking cards) or check/call (8, 9, T, J, maybe even A) the turn. It would be nice to see a showdown for 1 bet per street but you don't want to risk giving free cards, so sometimes you'll bet/call the turn and check/fold when you don't make a straight/trips and other times you'll check/call the turn and river.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:04 PM

It might feel weak but I think your best bet is to just call the flop. I assume you're up against two-pair or a flopped str8.. The good news is that you have a few outs to a split vs. a str8 and you have several outs vs. two-pair. On the turn I'm inclined to c/c any safe cards.. I'm interested to see what button is up to.. I guess my river action would largely depend on the turn card and action..
Old 08-19-2006, 07:06 PM

hmm.. I think I still three bet. I'll check/play poker on a scary looking turn that doesn't help me though.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:08 PM

this is not a good flop for you..even if you are ahead now, by the river you will be behind often...go into a passive mode
Old 08-19-2006, 08:20 PM

Call, see what BB does, and re-evaluate on turn.

-Caddy
Old 08-19-2006, 08:28 PM

I'd probably call the flop and lead the turn. Passive players do raise flops with less than 2pair so I need a more specific read that he likes to fastplay to check the turn based on a single flop raise.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:36 PM

My first instinct would definitely be to three-bet, but I like McGahee's call then donk a safe turn card.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably call the flop and lead the turn. Passive players do raise flops with less than 2pair so I need a more specific read that he likes to fastplay to check the turn based on a single flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, so we lead the turn, how are we handling a raise?
Old 08-20-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, so we lead the turn, how are we handling a raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

McGahee's plan is a good one. If you donk the turn and the BB raises, you should call. Not only do you have outs against many better hands but the call flop/donk turn line can easily confuse your opponent into raising a lesser hand.