Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2006, 12:14 AM

Default Verizon LG Chocolate Mini Trip Report

Since this phone has gotten a lot of marketing and hype, I thought I'd make a trip report for those in OOT...

I think I'm going to take this phone back for the simple reason that the battery is mediocre at best (I've got until this coming Monday). There's no reason for the features if you can barely use them.

So basically this phone's battery will bottom out without recharging even by moderate cell phone usage over a day (not using the MP3/WMA features). I made 3 short phone calls in one day and it will turn off by the end of the day. That's lame.

Another minor annoyance is the lack of a scroll. LG pretty much copied the iPod in terms of the circular interface but does not actually scroll (maybe Apple has a patent on this or something). The front interface is instead a touch button. There's somewhat of a learning curve, but you get used to it relatively quickly.

Other than that, I like the phone. What other Verizon phone do you guys think I should get instead?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Verizon LG Chocolate Mini Trip Report

I also purchased the Chocolate phone this week. I have extra large hands, so this phone probably isn't for me... I find myself having quite a bit of difficulty sending text messages vs when I had the LG7000. I happen to like the media features of the phone. I bought a 512mb memory card and it holds enough songs for me. There are still several other features I haven't been able to take a look at yet since I haven't had the time to sit down and learn the phone inside and out. Will keep you posted...
Old 08-19-2006, 02:40 AM

i read on engadget or gizmodo about the 'soft buttons' bottoming out on someone, causing them to be temporarily unable to answer the phone.

i haven't actually heard anything good about this phone.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:10 AM

Yeah, the 512 meg card is probably big enough, but I decided to get the 2 gig just because. I guess my eyes are bigger than my stomach in this case.

I def. can see how interacting w/ the inteface could be annoying for someone with large hands. I have small girly hands, so that's not an issue for me.

I haven't had too much time to get down and dirty w/ the phone, but the cons add up to be more than pros. It's a reasonable effort, I guess. I heard that the extended battery only adds about 1/2 hour of juice (3.0 hrs -> 3.5 hrs). That sucks.

I thought about getting the Trio or Moto Q, not sure about that tho.