Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 04:23 PM

Default 2/4 Bet river for value or slow down on scarecard

PokerLoco 10 handed

BB: Cold calls probably with any pair, suited connectors, high-cards. Loose passive and predictable, but seems to have a little bit of poker sense when it comes to later streets, and can fold when he senses he's beat. Draws to all flushes and gutshots.

UTG+3: Doofus. Has absolutely no concept of hand values, and will raise any Ace, call with any 2 suited, connectors, etc... from any position. Slows down postflop and hates to fold.

Hero is dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in SB

2 folds, UTG+3 raises, 3 folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls 2, UTG+3 calls. (9 SB)

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets, BB calls, UTG+3 calls (6 BB)

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets, BB calls, UTG+3 calls.

River: (9 BB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero?

Since this card completes both straight and flushes from the flop, against their hand ranges how do I proceed?
Old 08-18-2006, 05:49 PM

Default Re: 2/4 Bet river for value or slow down on scarecard

My first thought is bet/fold, but I'm not sure I like that. Seems like the chances of you being drawn out by two opponents is too high to merit a value bet. Perhaps check with the intention of calling one bet but folding to two bets?
Old 08-18-2006, 05:57 PM

c/c, b/f, or b/c are all close here. I like to squeeze value, so I'd prolly bet/fold since you've stated these players are not particularly tricky postflop.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:22 PM

IMO, this is the easiest value bet I've seen all week. UTG+3 raised preflop; giving him credit for pcket diamonds or A2 is MUBS, and he's certainly raise an overpair. So, call a raise from him.

BB is a little tougher, maybe. If you bet and he raises, you're dead. If you bet and he calls you're probably dead to a small flush or turned straight.

So, bet. If BB's still in the hand and it's back to you, give it up. If BB bails out and it's back to you, call.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:39 PM

hopefully your turn bet was big enough to force out draws or comitt most of their chips to them... i would say check/call the river... fold if one bets and other raises.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:42 PM

Seeing how both will call down if they have anything I bet/call. They are idiots...let them give you money.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hopefully your turn bet was big enough to force out draws or comitt most of their chips to them... i would say check/call the river... fold if one bets and other raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, you need to think more about properly sizing your turn and river bets.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:06 PM

lmao
Old 08-18-2006, 08:12 PM

i value bet this mofo all day every day... that 3 doesn't scare me enough to miss the value in a bet here... the most obvious straight draw was completed on the turn, but of course the flush card is a bit worrisome... i just think, that the presence of the predictable player, and the calling station really lend to a value bet...

raise from bb would suck... you'd be beat here much more often than not... pot would be very large though making a fold though when it comes to back to you... i would go ahead and call a UTG+3 raise if he gets frisky...
Old 08-19-2006, 04:53 AM

Doesn't sound like these players will bet with a worse hand. Both are the types that just want to flip their cards and be done with it, so betting seems clear to me. How to react to a raise from either player is a different story.

Definately fold if it's 3-bet back to you. I'd probably fold facing a raise from the BB, or if the BB calls and UTG+3 raises. If BB folds and UTG+3 raises, I think you have to call.