$7 9 20.45%
$8 17 38.64%
$9 1 2.27%
$10 5 11.36%
$11+ 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2006, 03:26 PM

Default MTT at their simplest form

I was just wondering the general opinion of proper play in a MTT if it were broken down to 4 stages.

Stage 1: First few rounds before the antes
Stage 2: From the start of the antes to the bubble
Stage 3: ITM to the FT
Stage 4: FT
Old 08-18-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: MTT at their simplest form

FT play is hard to define, in THAT simple a form, but pretty much it's TAG with a mid-stack, pushbot with a short stack and SOMEWHAT LAGgy with a CL... This is VEEEEEEERY generalized, and there are so many factors that will change these for me - it's not even funny...
Old 08-19-2006, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FT play is hard to define, in THAT simple a form, but pretty much it's TAG with a mid-stack, pushbot with a short stack and SOMEWHAT LAGgy with a CL... This is VEEEEEEERY generalized, and there are so many factors that will change these for me - it's not even funny...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 08-19-2006, 09:26 AM

Another point: don't try to bluff too much in the rebuy hour of low buy-in rebuys vs your average player, it won't work [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2006, 03:45 PM

One question- would you consider limping a lot with prospective type hands (suited connectors, suited gappers, low pocket pairs) to be LAG? Becuase I do this a lot in the first few levels. I'm not really raising and trying to outplay people, which is more of how I think of how a LAG plays. More like I'm trying to take a few cheap shots at flopping big or big draws, at which point I'll play very agressivly. So where does this style of play fall?
Old 08-18-2006, 04:00 PM

Other/other.

Take what the table gives you. Also, TAG and LAG are both poor descriptives for the proper style vs generic opponents, b/c how many hands you play and how you play them is much more a function of stack size than level/'phase' of tournament and what it means to be TAG or LAG mutates depending on how many chips you have and how many streets you have room to play.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other/other.

Take what the table gives you. Also, TAG and LAG are both poor descriptives for the proper style vs generic opponents, b/c how many hands you play and how you play them is much more a function of stack size than level/'phase' of tournament and what it means to be TAG or LAG mutates depending on how many chips you have and how many streets you have room to play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2006, 07:34 PM

there's no TAG, LAG, LAG option?

Tight when M is high during the first few rounds, try and double up through a donk
Loose when the antes kick in to build a stack and bully my table during bubble play
Loose to start building chips to the final table... if its a regular MTT, most people at the table will be between M=1-10. Act upon that. Force people to make the wrong decision for their tournament life.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:51 PM

"Loose-passive-passive".

Notice that LAG and TAG have something in common... It's the "AG" part. Limping with hands for cheap trying to hit is OK, but giving up ANY flop you do not hit is just spewing. Raising or limping with varying holdings preflop and then outplaying your opponents is LAG. Entering the pot with superior holdings ONLY and PLAYING THEM AGGRESSIVELY and... outplaying your opponents when you miss is TAG. These are VEEEEERY general definitions and they do not apply in the same way to ALL stages of the tourney, but I thought I'd take a shot...
Old 08-18-2006, 05:07 PM

always play aggressive....always.

other than that, (without taking extreme chip counts into effect), play the opposite of the table. If the table is generally tight, loosen it up a bit and stay aggressive. If the table is generally loose, tighten it up a bit and stay aggressive.

same goes for the FT.