Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 06:28 AM

Default Best Strategy at a 4/8 Live Ultra Loose table

I know tight tight is ideal, but im talking, every pot is being raised at least 5 people seeing every flop..... im thinking approach is like omaha, suited connectors and pocket pairs, to flop sets, and suited connectors to get the flush and straight draws, i dont think just playing top 10 hands can be profitable in this type of game.

What u guys think
?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Best Strategy at a 4/8 Live Ultra Loose table

Sounds like a plan, just don't over do it and get caught up in the madness. I speak from personal experience. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Although your pre-flop selection should loosen up, I think post flop you should continue to be "selectively aggressive". With that many people in on every pot someone is bound to hit the flop, so if you don't have odds to bet/call/raise, then get out. I.E. if the game is is aggressive post flop, then if you don't hit the small set (from early position) don't call the bet as it may be raised behind you cutting down the odds. If the table is loose passive then you can peel one off, but usually fold on the turn UI. I have found that it is almost impossible to bluff people out at the lower limits, especially in big pots.

Peace,
Mygtar
Old 08-18-2006, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Best Strategy at a 4/8 Live Ultra Loose table

This has been discussed a lot, but an important point to remember is that if the pot is raised preflop, but everybody goes passive post (I've seen this a lot at Commerce...I'll raise pf with broadways in position, catch TP, bet when it's checked to me on every street, and get shown the PP that flopped the middle set that never got raised), your implieds suck for middle-suited-one-gap-type hands. In an unraised pot with position, those hands RULE, tho.

otoh, if people are going nuts with any piece postflop (I see this type of play more in Vegas, where people all think they're playing the ME final table), then all those small pairs, small suited connectors, etc, are good.