Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 01:27 AM

Default 3/6 Why you can beat SS

Before I get 100 responses telling me to move this to BBV, let me explain that I think its relevant here as a sort of response to Haupts recent post about table selection, which if you haven't read, you should. James also posted an excellent essay on the topic, but I can't find it.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=12#Post6814434

Poker Loco is not enabling statistics, so I've dropped to two tables and taken copious notes on players, plus assigning them green for loose passive, yellow for laggy, and red for more decent. So I browsed the tables, saw 6 greens, 2 yellows and a red and sat down. I love when this kind of hand happens:

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in CO

3 calls, 1 fold, 2 calls, hero raises, 1 fold, blinds and everyone call.

8 to flop (18 SB) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

7 checks, hero bets, all fold.

I love loose passives. Table selection rocks, and I'm never taking it for granted again. (not just cause of this hand)