Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2006, 03:03 PM

Default How good is my hand here? Good? Bad? So so?

10/20 HORSE game on Stars, 6 handed, guy that sucks at Razz opens UTG, I'm on the button with AQJ4 rainbow. I'm okay at fullring Omaha 8, but I'm bad at shorthanded. I think my hand works better HU than multiway? So I'm guessing that my options here are to fold or 3bet? Or is this just a fold? If the 4 was a 2/3 I would 3bet here easily, but with a 4 and no suits I'm not sure.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:51 PM

Default Re: How good is my hand here? Good? Bad? So so?

Nobody has any opinions on this hand?
Old 08-18-2006, 04:01 PM

i raise this and try to isolate and also to be the aggressor i nthe hand.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
10/20 HORSE game on Stars, 6 handed, guy that sucks at Razz opens UTG, I'm on the button with AQJ4 rainbow. I'm okay at fullring Omaha 8, but I'm bad at shorthanded. I think my hand works better HU than multiway? So I'm guessing that my options here are to fold or 3bet? Or is this just a fold? If the 4 was a 2/3 I would 3bet here easily, but with a 4 and no suits I'm not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on UTG raising standards, and how blinds play. If he will raise hands like A248 and blinds are somewhat tight, then I'd 3-bet, which is slightly more preferred than folding i think. If he is tight such that AA is a bigger chunk of his range and blinds are loose then folding is ok. Being rainbow is significant disadvantage imho. Your hand is def better shorthnd.

-g
Old 08-19-2006, 10:34 AM

your hand is easily playable here. how you play it depends on your read of the other players and their hands post flop. the button is a huge advantage if you can play well post flop.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:50 PM

is it just you two in the hand? if it is, why fold or 3-bet? i wouldnt try to outplay the guy i would call and see the flop. i think most of the time in that situation the guy will try to outplay you ont he flop and bet if you jsut called. then you can either re-raise him if you flopped something or bet if he checked it to you. if you dont hit the flop you can easily get out, cuase your hand isnt that strong anyways. but i prob have less experience than these other posters. thats how i would play it though. is this a bad way to play the hand? if so why?
Old 08-19-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is it just you two in the hand? if it is, why fold or 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my little knowledge of Omaha 8, I know my hand plays better HU than multiway. If I 3bet the blinds are much less likely to come in. The big blind is practically 100% certain to call if I just call the raise on the button because of how poorly these guys play in this game. I can also outplay one person a lot easier than I can outplay two.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:30 PM

ya ok for some reason i was thinking it was jsut you two i forgot about the blinds... raise is the right move then. i wouldnt lay that down on the button with weak players.