Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2006, 08:20 PM

Default play like me. betting for value.

I'm fairly sure this is right. The limp is justified by the fact I havne't seen a PFR in the last 100 hands. I believe this to be a fine example of "trapping" people for extra bets.

Everyone except BB is VPIP 50+, and judging by their postflop play probably havne't ever read a book; any book, let alone one on poker. They will limp with mostly anything and like calling, lots.

BB seems alright, I've seen him raise a flush draw for value about 6 hands ago. I'm fairly sure he has latched on to how bad the other guys are at this table and wants a piece as well>

PokerGeek
Absolute Limit Hold'em Ring - $0.50/$1 Stakes (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, Small blind calls, Big blind raises, UTG calls, Hero raises, Button calls, Small blind calls, Big blind raises, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls, Small blind calls

Flop: (23.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Big blind bets, UTG calls, Hero raises, Button calls, Small blind calls, Big blind calls, UTG calls

Turn: (16.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Big blind checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, Button calls, Small blind calls, Big blind calls, UTG calls

River: (21.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Small blind checks, Big blind checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Big blind calls, UTG calls

Final Pot: $23
Old 01-23-2006, 08:25 PM

Default Re: play like me. betting for value.

Raise preflop. Rest looks good.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:33 PM

I don't get the limp reraise with KQo. This is not a limp reraise hand. IMO, at .5/1, there is no such thing as a limp reraise hand. Raise and call one back to you.

Flop, turn, and river all look good. Hell after some of the posts and advise I've seen lately, it downright turns me on.

Wanna have sex?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the limp reraise with KQo. This is not a limp reraise hand. IMO, at .5/1, there is no such thing as a limp reraise hand. Raise and call one back to you.

Flop, turn, and river all look good. Hell after some of the posts and advise I've seen lately, it downright turns me on.

Wanna have sex?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, yes I do.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:41 PM

I don't like the LRR. Just raise it when you come in. If everyone has a VPIP of 50+, then you definitely want to raise it right off the bat since they are coming along anyways. You dont want 4-5 players seeing the flop for 1 bet if it is limped around, when you know it is going to be 3-5 seeing the flop for 2 bets anyhow if you raise it up first. The rest of the hand is nice.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:47 PM

I guess I don't know why the LRR - certainly better than the limp-call though. I maybe had raised the last 3 hands or something and didn't want to scare the fish. I don't really remember, I just felt that if I raised I may see less money in the pot than just limping.

Obviously once BB raised I was happy to raise knowing the rest would almost certainly come along.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:56 PM

you like getting multiple bets in preflop with KQo vs. an "alright" BB who raised against 4 players?

WEIRD. i would suggest people not play like you before the flop.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:29 PM

To be honest, I think it's OK here.

There are basically two situtions:

1) I am ahead of BB and want more money in the pot as I probably have the best hand. I can pretty much ignore the rest as they will call thru all streets with most anything.

2) I am not "ahead" of BB, but he probably isn't too far ahead, and I have relative position on the only player this is likely to be useful against. However, there are 3 utter morons guarenteed to pad the pot when this is the case and I hit - thus pumping the pot is a good thing.

A PF RR is far better than a Call when it comes back 1 bet to me given the action after my limp - which incidentally was what I was looking for. In the best case BB reads this as a premium hand slowplayed, and in the worst case he is confused.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:10 AM

It seems you are overvaluing KQo. If BB is "alright" you are almost never ahead (assuming he even raises KJs in the BB). And based on this "I havne't seen a PFR in the last 100 hands." I strongly doubt you're ahead of anything BB raises.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:29 AM

I'm not sure why you would try to trap people with overcards pre-flop. There are way too many outcomes to the flop, some of which might reduce your holding's value dramatically.

What if the flop had been all spades? Sure you've got your king pair but there are 4 others in the pot, one of which now might have a flush.

All you would have done is to spend the same money as a raise but have more players likely to have the draw on you.

I'm very inexperienced but as I see it, the time to slowplay / trap is after the flop when you can be more certain of your relative strength.

Could be wrong.