bbqbill2 calls [7500].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6h ]
x9JON checks.
bbqbill2 bets [3600].
x9JON calls [3600].
** Dealing River ** [ Qh ]
x9JON checks.
bbqbill2 checks.

Preflop analysis? I called on the turn because he bet so little and I was sure an A or a K would win me this huge pot. Also...

Any general advice for endgame strategy? We were down to about 90 and I had about an average stack. I can never seem to follow through even when I make it deep in such big tournaments (this was 1415 entrants.) I've read HoH 1+2 but I just feel that endgame is so fragile and delicate that one incorrect move can ice you and that there is never really any room to play real poker, so it just comes down to who can catch cards/not get caught stealing blinds.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:09 AM

Default Re: How Did I Play this Hand Pre/Post Flop

PF raise seems fine.
C-bet seems fine too.

On the turn I would probably just check as well, as you've shown you like your hand pf and on the flop and he still keeps calling, but don't know if this is correct. If you have reads and think he can be knocked off a weak hand you could try check/raising the turn but very risky with nothing and i'm sure very bad.
His turn bets looks like he is trying to build the pot with a winning hand or trying to knock you off cheaply. I'd play it the same way but that is probably not a good thing.

General advice:
Get to this stage with more than an average stack [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Don't be a pussy, go down in a blaze of glory or stack up rather than trickle away.
Watch for who's stealing and pick a spot to re-steal
Watch for who's weak and steal
Watch for who's re-stealing and don't steal unless you want to re-pop at them.
(very general, sorry)
Old 08-17-2006, 11:53 AM

Reads? with 90 left out of 1400+ youre itm and now looking to make some chips to take a run at the ft. I'd say its time to gamble unless youve been caught in a bluff recently.

Having said that, this is a scary hand since bb has you covered and limped from ep. Think the pf raise is good but im always very leery of a ep limper - could easily be any pair (although in this instance if it was a monster would of expected him to repop for sure) or almost nothing (if he's LAGGY). I dont mind the cbet as long as you havent been caught doing it before and as long as villain is not a super TAG.

To me villain's turn bet is either a monster (i.e. he tripped up) or a very weak holding. He's certainly putting you on top 10% - youre check screams "i made missed and tried to take it with a cbet" - if you c/r he's got to believe you hit it big (unless youve been caught recently) Up til now you've repped a big hand - his bet feels to me to be weak (maybe since i know he checked the river so thats unfair) - but I seriously consider making it 15-18k here and see what happens. I think 2/3 of the time you take it down here - if he comes along he's got to have at least have tpgk - then its how much you really want to gamble on the river - at this point i'd either push it all or c/f depending on reads
Old 08-17-2006, 12:34 PM

I think u needed to raise more to go heads up.. say maybe
$12000 preflop was way too light
Old 08-17-2006, 04:37 PM

Ok, This is easy. The #2 and #3 guy call.Neither one of you have much to lose by just calling. At the Flop one of you have to come out big other wise you will get just what you got. You still had plenty of chips. Bet $30,000 You have to make him think. He makes it and loses he drops to a very distant 3rd with alot of others nipin at his heels.
He makes the call you fold. Tighten up look for ops and live to fight on.
P.S. I would fold regard less of how much time he takes to call. Remeber Duces win!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:18 AM

BTW he Had A9, which makes total sense. He had recently gotten lucky and come into a lot of chips (forgot to mention that) which is why I welcomed him calling my raise. I think if I shove the turn he calls which is why I checked, but he bet so little that I had to call and take one off to see an A or a K. Thanks guys.