Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 01:41 AM

Default shakespeare quotes and their rad usage

watching Curb, i discovered that a well placed shakespeare quote is uncounterably, unmistakably, uncommonly funny. Jeff's ex-girlfriend says he has a small penis, Jeff says SHE has a big vagina, and Larry tells her, "He said the problem lay not with his small penis, but with your large vagina... that's just unnecessary. Methinks the lady dost protest too much"

At dinner with my mom and her best friend, the conversation turned from possible bioligical differences between men and women to women's rights (as it always does with her best friend). She said "But what we truly need is for society to recognize that men and women should be treated equal." And I said, "The lady dost protest too much, methinks." It could aprobably been executed a little better but my mom thought it was hilarious and I thought it was pretty good too. Her friend was stunned and couldn't think of anything to say.

I told the story to my uncle when I was visitting him in Philly about a week later and later that day we had cheese steaks. I had a huge one with lots of hot peppers and hot sauce and was a little gassy. I farted and he said, "such foul and fair a day I have not seen" very dramatically and I burst out laughing. It was hilarious and stunned me and there was nothing I could say, even if I wanted to.

I don't know very many shakespeare quotes but I want to memorize any and all that I can that could possibly be used conversationally. If you have a story to share about tactful use of a shakespearianism or just a great quote for me, lets hear it.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:52 AM

Default Re: shakespeare quotes and their rad usage

[ QUOTE ]
watching Curb, i discovered that a well placed shakespeare quote is uncounterably, unmistakably, uncommonly funny. Jeff's ex-girlfriend says he has a small penis, Jeff says SHE has a big vagina, and Larry tells her, "He said the problem lay not with his small penis, but with your large vagina... that's just unnecessary. Methinks the lady dost protest too much"

At dinner with my mom and her best friend, the conversation turned from possible bioligical differences between men and women to women's rights (as it always does with her best friend). She said "But what we truly need is for society to recognize that men and women should be treated equal." And I said, "The lady dost protest too much, methinks." It could aprobably been executed a little better but my mom thought it was hilarious and I thought it was pretty good too. Her friend was stunned and couldn't think of anything to say.

I told the story to my uncle when I was visitting him in Philly about a week later and later that day we had cheese steaks. I had a huge one with lots of hot peppers and hot sauce and was a little gassy. I farted and he said, "such foul and fair a day I have not seen" very dramatically and I burst out laughing. It was hilarious and stunned me and there was nothing I could say, even if I wanted to.

I don't know very many shakespeare quotes but I want to memorize any and all that I can that could possibly be used conversationally. If you have a story to share about tactful use of a shakespearianism or just a great quote for me, lets hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ysscky, methinks
Old 08-16-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My brain is not good at retaining quotes. This is unfortunate because I love hearing a good quote that fits into a situation. Shakespear quotes are top notch, too. I think I am start reading some Shakespear, now. Thank you.
Old 08-16-2006, 01:56 AM

Ja,

Terrible thread. OOT is not the place for your random amusements.

J
Old 08-16-2006, 02:03 AM

I'm personally a fan of Lady MacBeth's "unsex me here" speech, where she climaxes purely from her own throughts and words. Not exactly wanking material, but a solid scene nonetheless.

Either way, I'm pretty sure Shakespeare is one of the coolest dudes ever.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ysskcy, methinks

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Ja,

Terrible thread. OOT is not the place for your random amusements.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

by the pricking of my thumbs
something wicked this way comes
Old 08-16-2006, 05:50 PM

WTF I really thought this would be a good thread idea. (only) bump.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:00 PM

So I go today and pick up one of the new Spicy Chicken Crunchwrap Supremes.

Decent. It is not all that spicy at all, and I think it would have gone better with some nachos, which I chose not to get, but overall I give it a B+.

Think I might go old school the next time and go with the Chilito.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I go today and pick up one of the new Spicy Chicken Crunchwrap Supremes.

Decent. It is not all that spicy at all, and I think it would have gone better with some nachos, which I chose not to get, but overall I give it a B+.

Think I might go old school the next time and go with the Chilito.

[/ QUOTE ]

they still make the chilto. do you remember when they had the .59 menu? who ever got the beans and cheese in a cup? I had the cinnimon twists once...not bad, but a little messy. Solid B.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF I really thought this would be a good thread idea. (only) bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not bad -

only thing more constant then the rising of the sun is people wandering into OOT threads that are clearly defined by the title and then bitching in it -

I memorized the opening of Macbeth - (the 3 witches discussion) and a part of the Julius Ceaser speech that Brutus gave after stabbing Ceaser - I'd like to find something good for times when I wish to enact vengence - something like Khan would say -

actually, I like quoting Ozymandis, by Shelly - that's a great one for prideful pricks -

RB