Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 11:16 PM

Default 20/40 foxwoods 5 way pot

This hand happened last weekend, good player open limps 2+utg and mp1 call mp2 which is a total fish calls and i call 1 +b with 5,5 and b raises and all call flop comes
5, 2, q two clubs
checked to me and I dont want to slow play so i figure i bet and the but raises as he was the preflop raiser the good player calls 2 others call and it is on me and i keep the gas and reraise all call, turn comes 9 spade UTG+2 (good player) checks mp1 checks mp2 (fish) bets 40 I think for a moment and 80 ball button grumbles and folds it utg+2 calls and mp1 folds mp2 calls
river card red 4
utg+2 comes out betting mp2 calls I???
Old 08-15-2006, 11:30 PM

Default Re: 20/40 foxwoods 5 way pot

the only hand that makes any sense on this river if utg2 really is good is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. In the heat of the action though, I'd probably take a quick look at the board and take this [censored] to two town.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:45 AM

no way mp2 has you beat and no way he's folding so you're getting 2-1 on your money. i'd raise it up one time.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no way mp2 has you beat and no way he's folding so you're getting 2-1 on your money. i'd raise it up one time.

[/ QUOTE ]

In situations like this I like the call going for an overcall as we're not sure and we win the same... and can't get 3bet.

JT
Old 08-16-2006, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This hand happened last weekend, good player open limps 2+utg and mp1 call mp2 which is a total fish calls and i call 1 +b with 5,5 and b raises and all call flop comes
5, 2, q two clubs
checked to me and I dont want to slow play so i figure i bet and the but raises as he was the preflop raiser the good player calls 2 others call and it is on me and i keep the gas and reraise all call, turn comes 9 spade UTG+2 (good player) checks mp1 checks mp2 (fish) bets 40 I think for a moment and 80 ball button grumbles and folds it utg+2 calls and mp1 folds mp2 calls
river card red 4

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they offer any courses on punctuation at your school?

TSP
Old 08-16-2006, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In situations like this I like the call going for an overcall as we're not sure and we win the same... and can't get 3bet.

JT

[/ QUOTE ]

we're last to act and closing the action if I'm reading that mess correctly
Old 08-16-2006, 10:46 AM

I don't see how the 4 would have helped him except by making a straight and I don't see him calling a raise with something less... so I'd just call, weak as it may be. Your prose is riveting.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking too. I have no idea what UTG has or why he woke up on the river, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him with top pair or 2 pair. Your chances of having the best hand are better than 2:1.

An interesting follow up question would be what to do if we're 3-bet. At that point, I think we're losing almost every time, but I wouldn't be able to find a fold in a pot that big.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:22 AM

ace3 clubs only hand that beats us (sensibly)
Old 08-16-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5, 2, q two clubs
river card red 4

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they offer any courses on punctuation at your school?

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

i seriously got a headache even attemmpting to read this.

p.s. who's the thinking player in this hand? its pretty important and i might be able to help you with the hand.