Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 07:34 PM

Default Pokertracker question...

I've just started playing regularly on the internet and downloaded the free version of Pokertracker. What's the best way to use it? Should I just look for players with the "fish" icon beside their name in the player rater? I've noticed that when people post hands on this site, they often reference players with three numbers beside their name...are these numbers from Pokertracker, and if so, what do they mean? Any other suggestions about how best to use Pokertracker (as well as whether or not it is worth it to purchase it) are greatly appreciated.

Sorry if a lot of these questions have obvious answers...I'm an experienced poker player, but am fairly new to Pokertracker and this forum.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:18 AM

Default Re: Pokertracker question...

The 2 figures (like 45/2/0.8) are VP$IP / PFR / Post-flop aggression respectively.

There's 2 main uses for PT:
(1) Reveiwing your own play afterwards
(2) Use a Heads-up display like PokeraAce HUD or Gametime+ to project opponent stats on your table. Alternatively, if you don't want that, you can do the same thing with a PT Gametime window, but a HUD is much easier to use.
For this, you need to learn to read and understand the various numbers. The icons of the PT auto-rating a nice as a rough categorization but quickly become less useful.