Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 05:56 PM

Default 10/20 SH TPTK vs turn action

SB is 34/11 and has been playing well.
BB is 17/11 and has played so few hands as to be unremarkable.
I am 41/13 and have been running very well for the session.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Pinga is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Pinga raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Pinga caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Pinga bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Pinga calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Pinga calls.

River: (13.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Pinga folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

I felt ok with the fold on the river, but I'm not thrilled with the turn action.

Opponents action on the turn looks like J9/JQ catching two pair, KT hitting the straight, or a spade draw.

Should I have raised the turn? Fold to a reraise or call along?

Do people feel the river fold is standard or should I call it down?

I don't think BB is betting here unless he could beat one pair.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:10 PM

Default Re: 10/20 SH TPTK vs turn action

I'd raise the turn, bet a safe river assuming no more aggression by your opponents. With the river that came I'd be looking for a free showdown. The river fold is fine given the way the turn was played.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:29 AM

Raise the Turn! Then you'll know whether he has the hands you fear or is drawing. Laying to the R is the right move here but you make hm pay to draw on te T with a raise.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:12 AM

I agree you can't win with 1 pair on the river 3-ways....raising the turn prob just makes you lose a bet bc of the draws out there