Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 09:31 AM

Default Ladies Volunteer Fire Department Auxillary and reciepe swapping forum?

I have to ask myself just what is happening and what direction 2+2's forum is going in. Are Mason and Matt running a bluff on everyone? Is the site about poker and gambling anymore or what?

Poker games, theory, gambling, probability, psychology, and other topics that were related to improving your poker play have been here for a long time, and at the bottom of the forum was OOT. You posted or read about poker and when you were numb with poker, beats, etc you could check out OOT. Anything that was not poker related went there. The rest of the forum was about poker and if you strayed the least bit you were quickly reminded that anything not to do with poker goes to OOT. Nothing wrong with OOT, I like OOT, I kill(ed) lots of time there.

I logged on today and there it was, a whole forum topic on Automobiles. WTF, I have lived to long. The threads in there are things like "what is the best car for sex", "what cars look best on blocks", and my favorite "The car... is it an extension of, or substitute for your penis?" (all these topics would be be great topics for OOT, imo) A double take sees whole topics devoted to Gossip, Investments and various get rich quick schemes, a MOD PLAYGROUND, science math and philosophy, puzzles, jokes and links to funny things on the internet, the lounge, the dorm. I don't think that miles, death, dom, baron and others are going to be demanding a topic thread so that they can come and discuss the merits of english walnuts or black walnuts in crunchy brownies.

I really would like to see 2+2 get back to the business of teaching poker. There are hundreds of great posters that have taught me lots about poker. Bunches of great books and resources (the one that has saved me the most poker $ is the Psychology of Poker)are here for honest no BS review and comments. If I want to make a new homebrew porter I go to one of the hundreds of beer sites on the net, if I am interested in movies, music, good cars to have sex in I use google and go to the resource. What I do not do is to ask for a whole 2+2 topic to be created for me so I can endulge my ego and social needs.

This is posted in Psychology because I wonder about the decision making processes that are being used to manage this board.

I almost forgot. The Ladies auxillary for the Volunteer Fire Department want to announce the yearly bake sale and turkey shoot will be held at the VFW on Saturday at 10:00 to 3:30 if no one is shot in the hand like last year. Proceeds are to go towards the purchase of that rebuilt pumper truck that the Sweetwater Fire Department has for sale. See you there.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Ladies Volunteer Fire Department Auxillary and reciepe swapping forum?

[ QUOTE ]
This is posted in Psychology because I wonder about the decision making processes that are being used to manage this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no way of knowing except for what Mason and others have posted and what I've observed of the management of the board, but it seems like they want to draw people who share an interest in poker and then make this site a "home" for them on the internet by giving them the ability to do more than discuss poker.

This will give more people more reason to be here, which will increase traffic to the site thus allowing it to generate more ad revenue, more public awareness of new 2+2 books, and create a large pool of people who are thinking about, reading about, and writing about poker (who will all be future customers of 2+2 and a very small number of whom could become authors/contributors to 2+2).

All of that makes good business sense. Whether or not individual specialty forums will promote that goal is a different issue (and the value of sponsored forums is yet another issue).

I'm sure that if the OT forums become too subdivided and no longer help to achieve the business goal, something will be done about it. They are easy enough to ignore, so I honestly doubt they will do any real harm to the business. It's probably just a question of whether or not they add enough to justify keeping them around.