Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 01:54 PM

Default How much does the food you eat affect you?

I'm beginning to think it is practically everything. If you think about it, as DUH as this sounds, it's everything your body runs on and grows through.

How big of an impact do you think eating healthy has on your mind?

How big of an impact do you think eating junk has on every aspect of your life?

Two people are the same besides their diet. One eats fast food every day and the other cooks healthy meals. How big of a difference do you think there will be between the two?

Anyone have stories or experiences?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:56 PM

Default Re: How much does the food you eat affect you?

For me it is all about momentum and keeping in the right direction. Specifically, the more healthy I eat the more I am paying attention to my well-being so the more I'll actually work up the nerve to exercise/not eat too much junk/actually do things. The converse is true for me as well.

So yes, in my experience your theory is quite valid.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:56 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

the biggest change in my life that allowed me to lose 50 pounds was changing the types of foods i ate/eating mostly organic food. drinking more juice and eating more healthy, natural food seems better for your mind in addition to your body. when this happens your brain is less lazy and more creative in addition to having more energy and more motivation. this got me exercising more and the cycle just kept going. natural food rules.

rj
Old 08-14-2006, 01:57 PM

Kurosh,

The food you eat affects you MAJORILY. I can barely function anymore if I go a week w/o a healthy diet, my head is foggy, I am tired etc. If I am on a low carb diet, the first couple of days is pretty bad, after that I have TONS of energy, and ANY carbs I eat, I can literterally feel the extra energy etc.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:01 PM

When I eat healthy, I'm more motivated to excercise or eat junk food in my spare time. I switched to diet soda about a half month ago, and I consider it a big enough step in my diet routine that I'm eating less fatty foods and more fruit just so my changes will not have been in vain.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:04 PM

generally if I eat a lot of junk I start to feel like junk for the rest of the day, low energy and also less confidence.. When I eat healthy I have more confidence, like i'm actually doing something positive and living a better lifestyle.. I also have a lot more energy and feel better about myself.. This goes along the same lines of exercise though I really don't do nearly enough of that.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:05 PM

wow this is an awesome thread.

ok for maybe the past 2 years ive eaten fast food / out every single day. if you look in my fridge it is empty, maybe there will be 1-2 gatorade bottles in there, but thats it.

the healthiest i really eat is those premade sandwhichest from the grocery store, maybe 2 - 3 times a week.

im not fat, or anything like that. i look normal and everything. but i guess i want to start eating healthy.

cooking or making my own food is simply out of the question, this is not happening, ever. i do not have a gf these days to make me food... so what are my options?

thanks
Old 08-14-2006, 02:09 PM

Really the only way to eat healthier-and not pay an arm and a leg-is to prepare your own foods

But since you are unwilling to do that you're going to have to rely on packaged foods. Specifically start eating more fruits and vegetables-buy prepacked stuff 2 or 3 times a week.

Also, you're probably going to want to start having protein shakes at a clip of around 2 a day.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:11 PM

As far as fast food, fatty food, etc, not at all. I can eat fast food everyday for a week, or eat healthy for a week, and I feel the same.

But, I'm also hypoglycemic. So if I eat a candy bar or something, within an hour my body starts to shut down.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kurosh,

The food you eat affects you MAJORILY. I can barely function anymore if I go a week w/o a healthy diet, my head is foggy, I am tired etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found this to be especially true when I go on 'binges' (for lack of a better word) of soda. I probably drink it once a week or so, but the day after I always feel like crap and have no energy to go to the gym.

My roomate is a poor bastard, thus our gas has been turned off for a few months now. I can't cook a healthy carb compliment to most of my meals. I can still grill a lot of chicken/fish which is beneficial, but I need something to go along w/ it. Any suggestions?

I usually include a salad, and occasionally grill some vegetables, but the prep time is brutal on grilled vegetables and it doesn't fill the carb void I desire like an instant potato or pasta substitute.