Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 12:47 PM

Default AP 3/6 -- Easy hand?

Villain is 30/22/2.2 over 120 hands and could be one of us. If he is, he may know who I am b/c I foolishly have the same screen name.

This hand seemed very easy to play but then, looking back, I wonder if I could've played it better...

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO (fishy 42/2/.38) calls, Hero calls (debatable?), <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5.33SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero ...is happy, but what's our plan here?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:51 PM

Default Re: AP 3/6 -- Easy hand?

i overlimp preflop too. it's very close to folding but i like vpip.

i would cap the flop because he'll still lead an overpair on the turn (and then call down a raise).

hint at villain's screen name?
Old 08-14-2006, 12:54 PM

i limp there on the button too, 55+ id raise

hand plays itself im sure, its HU now so you can cap here or call raise the turn (id prolly raise any diamond or straight card tho his action oop on flop discounts a draw somewhat altho people still do that with pair gutter (probably not in his raising out of the sb range) and overs and fd ( definately possible holding AdQd AdKd ect) then call down from a turn 3 bet if it was a scare card Diamond 4 or 5, if its a non scare card you raise and he 3 bets id cap and call a river donk most likely but debate between raising calling a 3 bet and obviously bet if checked to. his most likely holdings are overpairs he wants to overplay here as he may not even raise 66 out of the sb after two limpers and probably just completes with 33.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:55 PM

caps and leads the turn regardless.

it's nice that villain raised preflop as we can rule out 45. That means an unlikely raise with 33 or 66, or more likely an overpair or flush draw (AK-A9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], KQ-KT[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], QJ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]).

I think you can cap and lead the turn as even an overpair won't make you for the straight, but you can't afford to try and c/r the turn if villain is on the draw.

So, if you're going to lead the turn, get an SB in now and cap it up. I would b/3b any non-[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn and if the turn was a 9-A and villain capped me, I'd consider the likelihood of them having a set. Depending on the river card ([img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or big card) I'd either bet/call or b/3b, most likely.

EDIT: PF is superfine.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:56 PM

you're in position
Old 08-14-2006, 01:19 PM

preflop its a raise with the TAG in the sb. If you just limp he can profitably get in for the 1/3 bet in the sb with a lot. It's better to raise and knock him and hopefully the bb out, you could create a lot of dead money.

What did you know about the BB? If he had a high fold% in the blinds this would make raising even better.

If the sb was loose i would like a call instead because he is far harder to knock out and will limp along all the time.

Raise raise raise postflop. villian has overpair or some big combo draw all the time.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What did you know about the BB? If he had a high fold% in the blinds this would make raising even better.

[/ QUOTE ]
BB was 61/15 over 80 hands and not likely to fold his BB. Sorry I didn't include that.

[ QUOTE ]
Raise raise raise postflop. villian has overpair or some big combo draw all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't think he ever has overcards and is just 3-betting because I'm "obviously" on a flush or straight draw? You don't think he'd lead those overcards (or an overpair) on the turn and let me get a raise in on the bigger streets?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i would cap the flop because he'll still lead an overpair on the turn (and then call down a raise).

[/ QUOTE ]
But if he's overplaying overcards, wouldn't it be better to smooth call so he'll fire out again on a BB street? Or is this an overpair or flush draw too often for that (even at over-aggressive AP 3/6)?

<font color="white"> ...and it starts with a B </font>
Old 08-14-2006, 02:38 PM

his name is 7 letters long, yeah?

imo capping the flop is better against overcards. if you call and pop the turn he is not showing down unless he improves. if you cap and he improves, he's betting and showing down. if you cap and he doesn't improve, he's likely going to check call the turn because your flop cap looks fos (unless a bad card falls in which case you should be glad you capped).

all signs point to cap
Old 08-14-2006, 03:27 PM

preflop is fold, sometimes raise.

Flop, WTF? CAP THAT SH*T!