Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2006, 01:57 AM

Default let\'s play the non-nuts

BB is loosish, but weak: he was in a hand oop vs beni earlier where he capped KK, bet the flop & checked turn Q (beni checked behind & he bet).
button is unknown.

On my pre-flop play, it was folded around a couple times, so I came in. Probably debatable. My hand is pretty disguised on this flop though. My plan was to c/r turn, but BB c/r instead. Seems to to scream JT/higher set, given his weak play. So I make my boat, & so I donk, but should I 3-bet?

Poker Room skin
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Buzz is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Buzz raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Buzz bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Buzz 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button caps</font>, BB calls, Buzz calls, CO calls.

Turn: (14.5BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB checks, Buzz checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Buzz calls, CO calls, Button calls.

River: (22.5BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Buzz bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, BB calls, Buzz ??
Old 08-14-2006, 02:13 AM

Default Re: let\'s play the non-nuts

1. I prob lead turn...even if somebody did just get there our equity is still decent.

2. I am calling on the river here, and I am not happy about it.

edit: actually not sure about #1...if behind our equity mat suck because of possile higher sets and 2 pairs.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:02 AM

Call river, I think button has queens full more than he has a naked queen here. I agree with the turn play.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:17 AM

*grunch*

I think I toss this on the turn if I checked it first. I probably would have raised the turn first to confirm if an overset or a straight are my opponents vs two pair or flush draws.

It may be weak on my part but in 3 way action with two aggressors I have no problem throwing away a hand like this that can be easily dominated.

It sucks when sets don't hold up but this looks like the case here to me based on the action on the turn.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:21 AM

Is Q9 not likely for the button at 2/4? A 2 pair made on the flop seems like a very good fit for his play.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:41 AM

Bet the turn I think. Button may cap nut flushdraw here? When BB CR I agree with the call, because it looks scarrrry.

I think a call is fine on the river. The 8 slowed him down so I guess he put BB on the same hand as you do. Why would he raise river with trip Q? (Not 95% sure though [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) You have the worst full
Old 08-14-2006, 06:45 AM

*grunch*
Hm. BB makes a double cold call on the flop to c/r the turn but back off when a 2nd Q comes. From that I'd put him on a high PP (AA, KK) although he would have reraised that preflop. But maybe he doesn't like the multiple opponents or wants to "slow play". I don't think he's on a flush-draw. And he wouldn't back off with a set of 9s like that, probably. BU is difficult. He probably has a good Q like AQ or KQ what he cold called with. This hand went down rather ugly. So I wouldn't reraise the river but call instead and hope to see AQ and KK.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:37 AM

I would have folded preflop, but I like the way you played postflop.

Folding anywhere is bad.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:44 AM

three bet buzz. letting them re-open the betting with a river raise is a benefit that comes along with donking the river.

master of the 3-bet camp,
fuji
Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 AM

Don't you love how it gets folded around for a couple hands and then when you come in you get cold called everywhere?

What hands make sense for button? 99 and Q9 are the only ones I can see. With both of those hands he would slow down on the turn, but then come back to life on the river. Every other hand he would just all on the river I think. Call as well and hope for an overplayed KQ.