Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 02:38 PM

Default $0.05/0.10 NL Hand

So I came 15th or something in one of those FT freerolls and won $2, so I decided to take my winnings (along with the $0.80 I still had there from a long time ago, my real BR is on another site) to the $0.05/0.10 NL tables to see if I could parlay it into more. So I sit down and don't see anything real playable for the first orbit or so, doesn't stop me from dropping 70 cents. So on to the hand, which I will re-create with as accuracy as I can muster...

Player in 2nd or 3rd position makes it $0.30 to go, folds to me in the BB. I have $2.10 left and decide to call the bet with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Flop comes rags, something like 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Ok, not bad, have a draw to the 2nd nuts flush. I check without thinking about it too much, hoping I can get a free card here and make my flush. He thinks better of it and bets 60 cents. Now it's decision time, push or fold. I'm hoping he doesn't have a spade and can't call, plus I don't really care about the money too much, so I push.

Now he needs to call around $1.20 to win $3. He calls pretty quick and shows A8, no spade. I would have liked a fold, but all he has is A-high. I'm actually 53% to win (unless I ran it wrong). Of course you know what happens though, board bricks out and my dream of running $2.80 into a real BR is crushed in about 15 minutes.

Pretty standard $0.05/0.10 NL hand?

Anyone think I should have done anything different? Fold pre-flop? Push on the flop? Fold to villain's bet on the flop?
Old 08-13-2006, 02:49 PM

Default Re: $0.05/0.10 NL Hand

This is the limit forum, you will want to move this to the NL.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the limit forum, you will want to move this to the NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, didn't realize this was a limit forum. And it's not really worth posting twice, ehn...
Old 08-13-2006, 03:47 PM

*grunch*

This play is a halftime toss from the centre court line hoping to knock one down to win a $10k lucky shot contest at a basketball game.

Being all that means its a call at best on the flop and maybe a steal on the river when he likely checks the turn.

Being in gamble mode as you were a call on the turn by you would definitely put him out to a bet on the river if you had enough money left. If he put you all in on the turn its an easy fold.

Either way you have a much better dream scenario than you do now.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:02 PM

Calling stinks. Your play is fine. He made an awful call.