Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2006, 02:24 AM

Default Unbreakable

I know this is an older movie, but I rented it tonight after the ripping that "Lady in the Water" received. I decided to go back and look some of M. Nights older work. I've seen "Signs" and the "6th Sense" (however, not "The Village"). As for the movie, I really liked it, I guess his earlier works are probably his best. Do people think this movie is underrated? Everyone gives him due credit for "6th Sense", but they should look at this one too. Love it or hate it?
Old 08-13-2006, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Unbreakable

I liked it a lot, I'm sure I'm pretty much alone on that one though. I haven't seen it in years so I can't really weigh in on any specifics though.

I haven't seen anything else by him that I've enjoyed. I actually wasn't aware that Unbreakable was his film, but I guess he wasn't a name back then.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:35 AM

'Unbreakable' is Stupid. Characfters from comic books alive?, It doesn't make any sense.

The best M. Night Shamlayn movie is 'Signs' I know a million people will rip me because of the movies many flaws but as long as a movie is entertainign who cares if its flawed.

Yes the aliens being destrucable by water is ridiculous/stupid but the movie was fun.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:39 AM

I really liked Unbreakable.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
'Unbreakable' is Stupid. Characfters from comic books alive?, It doesn't make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you talking about? They aren't charcacters from a comic book. It was telling a heroes origin story. The original plan was to do at least one more, but people bashed it so much that the studio said no.

I loved this movie and thought it was Nights best work as well as one of Jackson and Willis'.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as a movie is entertaining, who cares if it's flawed?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reason for hating it falls apart the second you posted the following:

[ QUOTE ]
The best M. Night Shamlayn movie is 'Signs' I know a million people will rip me because of the movies many flaws but as long as a movie is entertainign who cares if its flawed.

Yes the aliens being destrucable by water is ridiculous/stupid but the movie was fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, I didn't notice it until you posted this, but he must enjoy this themes in his movies. The water weakness in Unbreakable and in Signs.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:48 AM

OK, let me explain this. My reasonign does not contradict itself. The characters from a comic book being real is not a plot flaw, it is simply stupid. The problem was not that I couldn't suspend my disbelieve, the problem was that I hated the cocnept.

With 'Signs' you need to suspend your disbelief that the Aliens could be killed by Water. This was the difference.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, let me explain this. My reasonign does not contradict itself. The characters from a comic book being real is not a plot flaw, it is simply stupid. The problem was not that I couldn't suspend my disbelieve, the problem was that I hated the cocnept.

With 'Signs' you need to suspend your disbelief that the Aliens could be killed by Water. This was the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you also hate Batman, Spiderman, Xmen and Superman movies?