Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2006, 12:37 PM

Default Digest Link Whoring Thread for August 13ish

It's digest link submission time again, which means I get to tell you to do my work. You can see the threads posted these past two weeks by doing a forum search, selecting Micro LImits and using a subject line of "-Re:". You can send in the threads you liked best this week by one of:
<ul type="square">[*]PM'ing me[*]posting in this thread[*]emailing them to . Be sure to let me know your username if you do so.[/list]
Please don't AIM me your submissions as it's hard to keep track of things that way. As you know, Wookie tallies up the submissions (submitters and submitees) into a drawing for a very "intimate, private" screening of Caligula, so vote early and vote often. New digest will be up sometime next week since I forgot to make this thread until somewhat too late. Thanks, and raise preflop.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Digest Link Whoring Thread for August 13ish

I actually kinda liked my post from this thread : http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post6886574

Certainly not the best or most spiritual lesson ever taught and learned, but since it was posted in a thread doomed to die, almost no one has read it.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:22 PM

Some decent discussion created from a few posts.
Tilt Control Tips, Smurph64.
Str8fish and 00Snitch posted some very good responses to the same question all poker players have.

AussieBattler's 1k post on player progression He explains the stages of his poker play. Many of us our going through the same thing, its a nice guideline.

AQo Playalong Aaron W.

Inverse Playalong,Thrakkar Also his 100th post.

Wookie's 10k post MrWookie. Its a novel but well worth the read.

Theory Post, The case for just calling, Xhad. So it was technically written over 4 months ago, but it originally only had 5 responses. It got a nice bump and its a decent post.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:44 PM

There was a really great post the other night with a line about "good play and profit eventually meeting". I'm going to try to find it. It needs to be added to this, I feel like I should have it tattooed somewhere on me.

Edit to add: Found it. This thing is good: Link
Old 08-16-2006, 09:15 PM

Didn't want to let this die out.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:46 PM

[self-promotion]zomg use my playalong

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=6837659
[/self-promotion]
Old 08-16-2006, 09:58 PM

[shameless self promotion of threads I started for reasons stated]

Example of posting a hand without posting the hand ... notice the distinct lack of 1 line posts
Boz suggested the idea of posting (suitable) hands without posting the actual hand cos it makes you think about 'winning hands like this one' and I think we should see more of it...perhaps since he suggested the idea, boz should come up with an annotation such as (BZ) similar to what LC and NC threads have.

Lags pissing you off?....discussion on dealing with them
after copping a mauling at the hand of thinking lags this thread helped me settle down

[/shameless self promotion for reasons stated]
Old 08-17-2006, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Example of posting a hand without posting the hand ... notice the distinct lack of 1 line posts

[/ QUOTE ]

I still request to see your take on this hand. Ya never posted why you choose to play the hand the way you did. Oh and I agree 100%, it was a quality post with great discussion.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:22 AM

Oh good more responses, now I don't have to admit that I was too busy playing Civ IV today to update

oops
Old 08-17-2006, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still request to see your take on this hand. Ya never posted why you choose to play the hand the way you did. Oh and I agree 100%, it was a quality post with great discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bilge, the results oriented guy in my head who was sick of getting out lucksacked but can often result in costing me value bets (that’s a ‘high level’ mistake that I would have in your spreadsheet btw) decided to take a more conservative line. So I admit I probably lost EV it did mean that it presented a hand that was essentially a blank and unbiased canvas which forced people to think about all the what ifs.

interestingly people didnt really discuss the possible low straight aspects of the hand which I described. it didnt factor into the result of the hand but it well could have given the villian limped

I hate that results oriented guy.... get out get out get out I say [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]