Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2006, 12:59 AM

Default KeePass with Neteller

I seem to remember reading a post in which someone described how to customize KeePass for use with sites like Neteller that require 3 fields. Of course I can't find it anywhere now that I need it.

Anyone have this working?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:44 AM

Default never mind

I figured it out. It's actually super simple if you're navigating to the site yourself and using your global hotkey to autofill the form.

All you need to do is put your account number in the Title field and your Secure ID in the User Name field, then paste the following into the Notes field:

AUTO-TYPE: {TITLE}{TAB}{USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}
AUTO-TYPE-WINDOW: NETELLER*

The first bit tells KeePass to how to fill out the form. The second bit is just so it recognizes the Neteller login window when you hit your global hotkey.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:46 AM

Default Re: never mind

Wow, I didn't even know KeePass had auto type. I've been dragging my fields in every time.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:43 PM

Default Re: never mind

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I didn't even know KeePass had auto type. I've been dragging my fields in every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know this either.

How do I set this up to work for party?
Old 08-12-2006, 05:58 PM

Default Re: KeyPass Party autofill

I initially tried to set up to auto-launch and login when I doublclicked the URL in the main KeePass window, but PP is a bit funky due to the other popup randomly stealing focus and I could only ever get it to work some of the time. If you install KeeForm (an add-on that expands autofill functionality wrt both websites and other programs), this string sort of works (you might have to adjust the path if you didn't install to the default directory):

in the URL field:

cmd://"C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe"

in Notes:

url-override: cmd://KeePrg2 "C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe" "PartyAccount Login" "{USERNAME}" "{PASSWORD}" "{_USERNAME_}{TAB}{_PASSWORD_}{ENTER}"

I tried various ways to activate the login window and/or define a series of keystrokes that would work 100% of the time, but this basic string seemed to work most often.

In the end, it seemed way easier to just launch PP myself, click on the username field, and login using the global hotkey. A similar technique works for all my simple auto-fill needs, and I avoid having to pull up the main window -- I'm the only one with access to my PC, so I run KeePass unlocked and minimized to my tray, which makes the global hotkey super slick. Just click the first field of any login window (app or website) you have an entry for and mash the keys... and voila.

When you're making your entries, you need to add a line in the notes field to help KeePass identify the window. It then searches through your list and applies the appropriate one. If you have multiple entries for same window (like multiple Hotmail accounts, for example), it gives you the choice of which one to use.

So, for PP the URL would be:

cmd://"C:\Program Files\PartyGaming\PartyPoker\RunApp.exe"

In the notes field, paste:

AUTO-TYPE: {USERNAME}{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}
AUTO-TYPE-WINDOW: Party*

The AUTO-TYPE bit is really only necessary if you need something other than the default username-->tab-->password-->enter sequence. So, for example, above I set up the Neteller entry to be title-->tab-->username-->tab-->password-->enter. Or if you need to deal with some checkboxes (like maybe to tell a site not to save your info each time by unchecking a box), you can tab to the box and use a {SPACE}. Check the help file for more about auto-type.

The AUTO-TYPE-Window: Party* bit is just to identify the window for KeyPass. Pick the first couple words of any window title (both programs and websites) and use a * to tell KeyPass that it doesn't matter what comes after that. Another example, for this site you might use AUTO-TYPE-Window: The 2+2*
Old 08-12-2006, 08:12 PM

I'm new to the program and assumed that auto-type filled in major fields like username and password via copy/paste rather than typing them in (to evade keyloggers), but that doesn't seem to be the case. While certainly not flawless, drag and drop seems to offer the "least insecure" method of inputting the unencrypted data.

Meh. I'm not super worried about keyloggers, but it was certainly one of the factors in my decision to go with a more secure setup. A bit disappointing. Far less attractive if I have to drag and drop.

Maybe time to try Roboform instead.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:59 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

I use KeePass auto-login on Party and most other sites I play. There seems to be only one small trick to it (and this may simply because I use Tweak UI and the active window is the one my mouse is over). After right-clicking on the site name in KeePass and getting the pop-up with the auto-login option, the log-in window for Party (or wherever) must be directly "underneath" the "autologin" line of KeePass (ie, where my cursor is). Occasionally, this will require that I drag the log-in window a bit or move my KeePass window a bit before being able to use the auto-fill option.

Once I figured this out, it made KeePass much more convenient to use.

EDIT: Oops--just re-read your post. Seems I mis-understood your concern.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course I can't find it anywhere now that I need it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you found your answer, but try reading the user documentation included with the program first? It clearly explains how to use auto-type in the help file. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I advise anyone using KeePass to read the KeePass Help file/FAQ or simply click on the blue Auto-Type link when you edit an entry, it tells you exactly how to use it... it's a very convenient feature.

Alternatively, you could do (replacing the 654321 with your Secure ID number):

AUTO-TYPE: {USERNAME}{TAB}654321{TAB}{PASSWORD}{ENTER}
AUTO-TYPE-WINDOW: NETELLER*