Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 04:13 AM

Default wtf>

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

UTG is very aggressive and reraises light preflop. How is my turn play?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:42 AM

Default Re: wtf>

I would usually limit the SB's cold call followed by flop cap to the following hands, 22, ak, (aa / kk slightly discounted) and a flush draw. When the turn isn't a heart I would feel pretty safe bet folding, it is pretty unlikely that he will c/r with anything we are behind, and those holding we are behind I think we can safely fold to.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:19 AM

Love the flop. Hate the turn. I'm sure your chopping on the river.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is very aggressive and reraises light preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why didn't you cap?
Old 08-11-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would usually limit the SB's cold call followed by flop cap to the following hands, 22, ak, (aa / kk slightly discounted) and a flush draw. When the turn isn't a heart I would feel pretty safe bet folding, it is pretty unlikely that he will c/r with anything we are behind, and those holding we are behind I think we can safely fold to.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my &lt; 10K hands of 15/30 experience I give him a larger range on the flop. Suited aces I think get called preflop, and preflop play seems to be somewhat wacky, so I think even unsuited aces may be a possibility (?). I want to like your line, because if he checkraise the turn we're hoping for a chop, but with the pot this large I don't think I could pull the trigger on this.