Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 02:39 AM

Default NL50 K6o (full house) facing a big bet on the turn

I wasn't sure what to do on the turn. I can't do a "normal" raise since it would be half of my (and his) stack more or less. And, a min raise would be somewhat very revealing about the strength of my hand ...

Since I called the turn, I can't really bet on the river, right ?

Had his raise been smaller on the turn (ie if I had enough money to do a regular raise), would you still prefer to smoothcall ?

No info about him - new table.

Thanks !!

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $56.49
UTG+1: $29.75
CO: $79.50
Button: $26.10
SB: $47.15
Hero: $45.13

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls $0.5 <font color="#aaaaaa">(pot was $0.75)</font>, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25 <font color="#aaaaaa">(pot was $1.25)</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.5, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $1 <font color="#aaaaaa">(pot was $4.5)</font>.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($5.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $8.5</font>, Hero calls $8.5 <font color="#aaaaaa">(pot was $14)</font>.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($22.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $45.49</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $34.13</font>.
Uncalled bets: $11.36 returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: $90.76
Old 08-11-2006, 03:03 AM

Default Re: NL50 K6o (full house) facing a big bet on the turn

I like the smooth call, you have a big hand and the only hand that you lose to is kq. I like the check call because you dont show strength yet. I woulndt be surprised to see him turn over a flush expecting you to have trip kings. , if you had him pegged on a flush draw...good check, but I lead out a pot sized bet on the river. too often IMO a medium flush (9ts or the like) will check behind you.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:08 AM

i would feel sick if the river went check check. i would raise the turn. if the river was not a spade would you have played it differently?

bbb
Old 08-11-2006, 04:03 AM

I love everything but the flop, im making it 7.

The river check is perfect, If he has a K you are getting it in, and if he has a flush you are as well, plus you give him a chance to bluff. The only hand you are losing value from is a decent Q that decides to looks you up.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:53 AM

But isn't it weird to call the turn and lead the river, especially after a flush came on the board ? I played passively throughout the hand--so he could put me on a FD--, and then all of the sudden I lead ? I think I would be more inclined here to lead the tuen if there wasn't a spade on the river ....

But if I raise the turn to make it legit for me to lead the river, I need to make a min-raise ... we both have roughly 50$ left. It's pretty much a min-raise or a push. So, would a min raise be acceptable here ?

So, on the flop, turn, river, you would either
reraise, lead, check
or
smooth-call, check-min-raise, lead

What are the advantages of one over the other ? I mean, he could have a K, or a FD. If he has a weak king, or a not so good FD, is he still likely to call my raise on the flop ?

He had K9 BTW.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i would feel sick if the river went check check.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this level, no way he checks the river with a K. Leading the river would rep the flush and possibly prevent a raise from a non-FH but he'll probably still call a checkraise all in because people suck at folding. I think this was played great.