Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 10:15 AM

Default Foxwoods 20/40 KQ multi-way (of course)..

foxwoods 20/40.

typical loose passive game, a few regulars.

UTG limps, EMP limps, I raise from CO w/ K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], CO is a regular solid winning player (Nick M. for those of you who know him), and 3-bets.. both UTG and EMP call.. blinds fold.

flop comes J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], UTG checks, EMP checks, now im trying to figure out how i get max value for this hand, because i dont want to lose UTG and EMP.

i figure if i bet out and CO raises to isolate, hes going to push out the limpers and i'm going to lose bets here. so i check, and he comes out firing like i expected, both fishy limpers call, and i call.

turn is a blank, both guys check, i donk into CO, CO raises, UTG and EMP fold, i 3-bet, now he seems kind of annoyed and 4-bets!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

now im kinda sick thinking that theres a possiblity of him having the nut, but thats too narrow a range to put him on, so i call. he is a smart aggressive player, and luckily for me, at this time he doesnt really have any info on me in the 20 game. I have seen him play plenty before i stepped into the 20/40 game and heard from others he was solid, but he has never played any significant time with me so I am not sure if he is playing way overaggressive against me b/c of how bad everybody else in the game plays and he doesnt give me any credit, or he really does have the A high flush.

river bricks out.

now i think for a moment. I consider if i bet out on the river and he calls, i have the best hand for sure. I think this is a good spot for a value bet, but if he raises me again on the river i have to make a crying call and i'm almost sure i'm beat.

i bet out on the river and he fires 8 red chips into the pot and i turn over my flush and he shows 99.

i am thinking now, that i missed bets in this hand, and i should have trusted my read of him and raised for value on the flop, i think that was my first initial mistake. also, does anybody think its a spew to 5-bet this turn? betting us uncapped when its heads up.

ok, tear it apart.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods 20/40 KQ multi-way (of course)..

[ QUOTE ]
i figure if i bet out and CO raises to isolate, hes going to push out the limpers and i'm going to lose bets here. so i check, and he comes out firing like i expected, both fishy limpers call, and i call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does foxwoods not allow check-raising?
Old 08-10-2006, 11:11 AM

Your first check on the flop worked beautifully: the ENTIRE FIELD called a bet and has given you the opportunity to raise. So I would raise.

Having not raised the flop, you now have the perfect opportunity to go nuts on the turn (would CO really 3-bet A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] preflop?). So I would 5-bet the turn.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:16 AM

Faster on the flop disguises your hand more. Your big street play is terrible given your flop play and the fact that every big [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] except the Ace is on the board or in your hand.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:16 PM

I like the check on the flop, but once all three of 'em have put in one bet, I'm raising to get three more bets into the pot. Might button 3-bet and shut them out? Maybe; but maybe one of 'em has the ace of trump or a striaght draw or . . . and they're coming for one bets or two, three bets or four.

"im kinda sick thinking that theres a possiblity of him having the nut, but thats too narrow a range to put him on, so i call."

He 3-bet pre-flop. His most likely hands are big pocket pairs and A-K. You have the king of diamonds. A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is sure an unlikely hand for him to have, as he 3-bet pre-flop and his initial turn raise shut out the other two guys. I say "unlikely" rather than impossible, though, as I think it's a mistake to rule it out. I can't tear apart calling and then betting into him when a blank comes on the river.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:02 PM

I would definitely checkraise that flop. It is a perfect opportunity.

I would also go for the 5-bet on the turn. Ax [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is unlikley given that he 3bet PF and you hold the ace [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (as another poster already mentioned). Also, your flop and turn play makes your hand really not look like a flush since your play was pretty bizzare IMO.

Haupt_234
Old 08-10-2006, 03:11 PM

If you told me you didn't checkraise the flop, I would think you were going to wait until the turn to checkraise.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:25 PM

no offense... but are you the one that ronny and them call captain chicken sandwich? just curious.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no offense... but are you the one that ronny and them call captain chicken sandwich? just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahah, Ronnie calls me Zalinski but that's another story.

Where is ronnie these days? I spoke to him on the phone a few days ago but he was still in Vegas. Any word on him coming home? I like the guy.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:33 PM

Nick is not 3 betting ATs, he's going to fold it, unless he thinks that you are a LAG. So you effectively have the nuts.

c/r the flop and put in as many bets as you can on the turn. If someone has the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] they're not going anywhere.

Nick most likely was 4-betting the turn for a free showdown. Also the rules at FW's don't allow for uncapped betting if the street didn't start out HU, so I don't think that you could have 5-bet the turn anyway