Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 03:27 AM

Default so you walk up to someone going through your car

related to my insurance thread

I have never been one to worry about personal safety, probably to a fault. but an incident recently has me concered (or at least thinking).

I am in the process of moving and staying with a friend right now. I park my car in an undergriund garage that has a locking gate. I never really drive anywhere so I have a bunch of stuff in my car since I'm in temporary housing. apparently someone broke into a car and stole a remote to the garage this weekend, but the apartment complex didn't tell us that until late this evening.

anyway this morning my roomate goes to work and calls me and says "your window is smashed and theres a box missing" I check it out and sure enough there is a box missing. I go back to sleep planning to unload everything from my car around noon, which is in a couple hours (who robs a car in the middle of the day?)

well I went back in a couple hours and my car was ransacked. every box was strewn all over the car and my computers and 2001fps' were missing. obviously someone had balls because the only way they could have gotten in was to climb thrugh the window (no way to open the other doors except by going through the smashed window plus the doors were all locked and opening them would have set off the alarm). they tried to pry open my moonroof as well but it didn't seem to work out so well. the idiots actually left a lot of valuable stuff in there, I don't know if they couldn't carry it or what, but it makes me think they might come back again.

so now this person has broken into multiple cars over the span of a few days, including mine twice. obviously they have balls of steel if they're doing it during the day. the garage is underground and semi secluded with only 30 or so spots. I never see anyone else when I'm in there. what happens if I go down there and theres someone going through my car or someone elses? I'm not a big guy and I am not a good fighter. I would consider carrying a knife but all that could do is get me in trouble I think. this is hollywood, so the police just laughed when I asked if they cared about the prints in the dust on my car (think big lebowski... "yeah they got us working in shifts!")

suggestions oot?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:31 AM

Default Re: so you walk up to someone going through your car

mason,

Let me get this right. Your car is broken into with a smashed window and a box missing. You verify this and decide to leave computers and flat panel monitors in there and go back to sleep. Do I have this right so far?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:32 AM

Mason, I suggest you carry a cell phone. Weapons might only get you killed. Also, are you living with Barry?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:33 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

No suggestions here, do you have insurance that will cover it?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:34 AM

correct so far. pretty mush indefensible other than, like I said, who robs a car at 10am in a locked garage with only like 30 residents? I accept any insults for it though as it was a really dumb thing to do.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"your window is smashed and theres a box missing" I check it out and sure enough there is a box missing. I go back to sleep planning to unload everything from my car around noon, which is in a couple hours (who robs a car in the middle of the day?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:39 AM

this is a tough situation. I suggest the only thing you can do is hide, and then follow them to their crib. THis is really BIg Lobowski styyle.

No what you do once you find thir crib is up to you.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason, I sugges you carry a cell phone. Weapons might only get you killed. Also, are you living with Barry?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get reception underground. I'm living with strippers, much better than barry.

all,

lets forget my stupidity for a bit as I'm already wallowing in it. I told my story for some background about why I was thinking about this.

if its easier imagine you walk up to your car and some guy is in it going through your stuff. no idea if he's armed or anything but hs pissed you found him. best play?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:45 AM

Nine out of ten times when a crime was commited and strippers were around, they were involved.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:46 AM

From the other thread:

[ QUOTE ]
pretty much everything of value got jacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

From this thread:

[ QUOTE ]
the idiots actually left a lot of valuable stuff in there

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not nitting, but I am now really curious about what was taken and what was left.