Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 07:32 AM

Default Steal from CO is 3 bet, flop TPGK

The convertor was giving me problems today so I'm doing this manually. Just moved to Hollywood Poker and hadn't been playing long so not great reads, but villian is laggy. By end of night he was 54/8/1, but didn't have many hands at this time.

$1/$2
Fold to Hear in CO with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero raises.
Villian on Button 3 bets.
Blinds fold.

Flop (7.5 SB, 2 Players): K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero?

Whats my line here. There is a good chance I'm good against this villians range so I don't want to check and just go into WA/WB. So that leaves donking or cr'ing. Which is better?
Old 08-09-2006, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Steal from CO is 3 bet, flop TPGK

I either c/r flop and go from there or c/c flop and c/r turn. c/c flop and donk turn is ok too.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:02 AM

I'd prolly c/r flop here. If 3-bet and villain bets turn I might let it go, tho.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd prolly c/r flop here. If 3-bet and villain bets turn I might let it go, tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda like this one best...nice and cheap
Old 08-09-2006, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda like this one best...nice and cheap

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I don't think villain is ever going to three bet the flop and then check behind on the turn, do you? In that case why not just fold to the 3-bet?

I'm not saying that is how I'd play it, but I don't follow your reasoning. (I probably want to get to show down with this as cheap as possible).
Old 08-09-2006, 01:24 PM

I did cr flop. Wanted to get a feel for whether or not others felt that was right.

He 3 bet. I called.

The turn was the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I c/c

The river was the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I c/c again.

Was calling down bad? The turn and river I was sure didn't help him and certainly didn't help me. Like I said I had a good impression that this guy could be pretty Laggy at this time, but I didn't have enough hands for that to be a solid read.

I'm probably behind more than I am ahead here unless the guy is really laggy, but I have trouble laying down TPGK HU against a LAG with that board. Is calling down here bad?
Old 08-09-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did cr flop. Wanted to get a feel for whether or not others felt that was right.

He 3 bet. I called.

The turn was the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I c/c

The river was the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] I c/c again.

Was calling down bad? The turn and river I was sure didn't help him and certainly didn't help me. Like I said I had a good impression that this guy could be pretty Laggy at this time, but I didn't have enough hands for that to be a solid read.

I'm probably behind more than I am ahead here unless the guy is really laggy, but I have trouble laying down TPGK HU against a LAG with that board. Is calling down here bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling down is not bad for a relative unknown.

For a laggy type it's even not as bad as not bad.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:09 AM

I would c/c all the way here against an overly agressive player. If doesn't have it he'll pay you off the whole way trying to get you to fold. If he has AK or KK or 10-10, you lose less bets. Against an average player, I'd c-r the flop, lead the turn and then probably fold the turn if raised.