Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 07:43 PM

Default Bet Timer (New AHK script)

A color coded timer box that counts seconds (up) when action buttons appear at your poker table.

Supported sites: PartyPoker, EmpirePoker, Full Tilt and WPEX.

This might be useful if you want your actions to always take the same amount of time, and thus don't give away any tells. For instance, you might want your continuation bets on all streets take the same amount of time, whether you hit or miss.

Default settings are customized for Full Tilt (auto-centered tables), but you can easily change them to work for any of the supported sites.

http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/BetTimer

Adde
Old 08-08-2006, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Bet Timer (New AHK script)

So we bet 3/4 pot and the script waits a certain amount of time before it actually bets? If so, it's ingenious.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So we bet 3/4 pot and the script waits a certain amount of time before it actually bets? If so, it's ingenious.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not yet, but my intention at first was doing exactly that. Not sure though. It kind of borders to bot-like behaviour, so I went down the middle way instead.

How do you say...Discuss? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Adde
Old 08-08-2006, 09:12 PM

For those using Party mini tables, here are some coordinates. This center the timer right where the dealer is (between seat 6 and 1).

bt_timer_x := 228
bt_timer_y := 50
bt_timer_w := 30
bt_timer_h := 17

It would be useful if it could recognize table sizes and place the timer accordingly.Let me try it in a "real" session and I'll get back to you with some more feedback. Looks good so far [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2006, 09:19 PM

IMHO it's not botlike if the party bet pot script isn't bot like. It's the same concept if you are using the auto-bet functionality of that script.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:19 PM

anything that bets for you, even if you are the underlying force for it to bet, will be ill-received by party. I think its a solid idea to keep it as-is.

-eric
Old 08-08-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be useful if it could recognize table sizes and place the timer accordingly.Let me try it in a "real" session and I'll get back to you with some more feedback. Looks good so far [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That can be done. I'll wait until you're done testing though.

Adde
Old 08-08-2006, 11:13 PM

I don't know if it would be useful. I mean, if it's long to code, maybe it's not worth it since most people will use the same table size most of the time...

I used the script for a session - 6 tables only. It worked great, but for some reasons, the timer was frequently not visible on one of the table. I don't think I had a problem on any of the other tables.

I'm not sure this is a bug or a feature, but the timer appear above whatever other window I'm using. For example, when I was using firefox and a timer started, I saw the timer "in" firefox, despite the table wasn't visible. I think it's great-whether it was planned or not. I play 9 mini tables on my monitor, and there is a little overlap, just enough so that when I minimize firefox to return to Party, I don't see which table(s) the action buttons are activated on. It used to take me a sec or so find the right table. If I can see the timer through firefox, or MSN, whatever, I'll be able to focus directly on the right table.

The default colors are, well, very colorful. It's too anoying to have the colors change every second. Here is what I changed the colors too. Using only 4 colors wasn't confusing or a distraction at all even when playing 6 tables-compared to using a different color every second.

bt_bg_color0 = 000000 // black - wait
bt_bg_color1 = 000000
bt_bg_color2 = 000000
bt_bg_color3 = 339900 // green - act
bt_bg_color4 = 339900
bt_bg_color5 = 339900
bt_bg_color6 = FF9900 // orange - late
bt_bg_color7 = FF9900
bt_bg_color8 = FF9900
bt_bg_color9 = FF3300 // red - very late

I'll let you know if I run into any other problems. Thanks for the script !! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2006, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 9 mini tables on my monitor, and there is a little overlap, just enough so that when I minimize firefox to return to Party, I don't see which table(s) the action buttons are activated on.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case I think you would like my latest addition to Table Highlighter. Look it up, I just made a post about it.

Adde
Old 09-01-2006, 07:20 PM

bump

anybody using this daily- if so how is it helpful?