Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 12:49 PM

Default more aggressive-AA?

Could I have been more aggressive raising, ck/raising or would I have scared off all bettors, or one, and made the same amount (or less)?

Paradise Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 5 folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.4SB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.2BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9.2BB, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Results:
Final pot: 12.2BB
Old 08-08-2006, 12:50 PM

Default Re: more aggressive-AA?

looks perfect. hope you made a note on what he donk bets the flop and then the turn with.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:10 PM

I don't hate the way you played it, and your fearless river bet was downright inspirational. But I think I'd prefer a turn raise here. BB called two cold on the flop which means he'd probably do it again on the turn (when I see someone cold call like that I usually figure he's got a flush draw or OESD). Also if UTG had hit a 6 for trips, I'd expect him to check-raise, so I expect him to have a 6 less often when he donks the turn.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:24 PM

I raise the turn.

The way it played out you picked up 1 BB from Big Blind w/ his overcall. If you raise and Big Blind folds, then you still pick up the same 1 BB from UTG who will virtually always call the 1 BB back to him on the raise.

On the other hand if Big Blind cold calls you, then you have picked up 2 more BB from him and 1 more BB from UTG for a total of 3 additional BB.

If you are ahead on the turn (and I believe you are), then raising is more +EV.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:10 PM

You have any reads on UTG? I just can't give him credit for a six unless he is VERY loose. Even if he has the six, I'd expect him to check-raise, like another poster said.

Now, BB called on flop getting 4.7:1. If we raise the turn, he may call again with 4.6:1. I think UTG will raise us less often than BB will call two cold, so I raise.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:21 PM

I would raise the turn. That six is a good card for hero, as it counterfits the villan if he has a two-pair hand like Q9. Given the way that villan played his hand, it's very unlikely that he has a six.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:27 PM

*grunch*

I'm raising the turn.

Absent better reads, I'd put UTG's on AQs or KQs as he was willing to raise with TPTK (TPSK) + flush draw. No hand with a 6 justifies the preflop call and postflop raise. No flush, but TPTK or TPSK would let him call down.

I'd put BB on a 9 + overcard.