Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 07:04 PM

Default What do you guys think about the 20/40 game at foxwoods

Any advise on the foxwoods 20/40 game.. its very loose and on weekends fully blown out at time.. anybody have any thoughts on the game itself.. positives negatives..
Old 08-07-2006, 08:53 PM

Default Re: What do you guys think about the 20/40 game at foxwoods

I have only been in 1 bad 20/40 game. It had 5 2+2'ers and a solid playing regular. It only lasted about 10 minutes until I got moved to the main game and it was good as always.

The games are always good and how it plays depends on who's in the game. It can be aggro during the week and rocky on the weekends. Each of the games going may all play different. There are the loose/passive calling stations, there are the mindless LAG's, the brain deads, the total fishes, the rocky weak/tights, some kids that think they know how to play, but don't, a few regulars are thinking LAG's. There are also a number of solid regulars, but you won't usually have more than 1 or 2 at a table.

You'll need to learn who is who, so you know who to 3-bet when they raise, who to fold to, who to bluff and who to value bet.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:05 PM

I play at foxwoods and trust me its a very loose and wild game, unless you got a decent size bankroll and can take some serious loose ball suck outs, you might as well play 1-2NL because you will loose the same and loose less over the long run. Honestly I think 10-20Limit is a much better saner game than the 20-40 limit anydays, I play there 3-5X a week I know its a cash cow if you are good.

EZE
Old 10-03-2006, 07:19 PM

I think the 10-20 is actually awful!

3-4 years ago it was great, but I look at the game and see a bunch of old rocks there!
Old 10-03-2006, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3-4 years ago it was great, but I look at the game and see a bunch of old rocks there!

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus now that my wife plays in that game, it has gotten much worse. She is definitely not old nor a rock.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play at foxwoods and trust me its a very loose and wild game, unless you got a decent size bankroll and can take some serious loose ball suck outs, you might as well play 1-2NL because you will loose the same and loose less over the long run. Honestly I think 10-20Limit is a much better saner game than the 20-40 limit anydays, I play there 3-5X a week I know its a cash cow if you are good.

EZE

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't argue that the 1/2 NL isn't a good game, but if you think that your expectation in the 20/40 is not much, much higher, then your game needs lots of work. Also it is loose, but I wouldn't characterize the "normal" table as "wild".

Also a "saner" game is not usually a better game.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus now that my wife plays in that game, it has gotten much worse. She is definitely not old nor a rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

its true i tried to bluff her and she picked me off like a navy seal haha [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2006, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have only been in 1 bad 20/40 game. It had 5 2+2'ers and a solid playing regular. It only lasted about 10 minutes until I got moved to the main game and it was good as always.

The games are always good and how it plays depends on who's in the game. It can be aggro during the week and rocky on the weekends. Each of the games going may all play different. There are the loose/passive calling stations, there are the mindless LAG's, the brain deads, the total fishes, the rocky weak/tights, some kids that think they know how to play, but don't, a few regulars are thinking LAG's. There are also a number of solid regulars, but you won't usually have more than 1 or 2 at a table.

You'll need to learn who is who, so you know who to 3-bet when they raise, who to fold to, who to bluff and who to value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what barry said.

oh, and btw, FW 20/40 is a goldmine, if i didnt go to school full time i'd be there every single day. you need a huge roll, but you should always have a huge roll if you take the game seriously and its a big/entire part of your income. going busto is usually not good.

p.s. if you can get a mixed game going on a weekend night you'll be even richer. (assuming you can play other games well.)
Old 10-04-2006, 02:24 AM

if there's gonna be no more online poker, we need to get a regularly-spread 50/100 only hold 'em going. thoughts on this?
Old 10-04-2006, 05:12 AM

If you have to ask, you likely aren't ready for it.