Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 11:51 AM

Default ($11) Bubble re-push with crap when microstack folded

Standard or just stupid? Should I take the point when he's willing to raise into me in the first place?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t100/t200
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t360
Button: t7241
SB: t4484
Hero: t7915

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t400</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in t7715</font>
Old 08-07-2006, 11:56 AM

Default Re: ($11) Bubble re-push with crap when microstack folded

From a theoretical perspective it's good, but I'm not sure if your opponents are sophisticated enough to throw away AJ or 77 here.

Interested to see what some $11 players think about it. Do you think that they're folding these hands with the microstack? I don't know but considering there are still some guys at the $55s making these calls I doubt it.

-SonnyJay
Old 08-07-2006, 12:00 PM

I understand the theory being pushing -- the small blind would need a monster hand to call with the smallstack being so close to elimination. But even with that said, I am not playing this here. If SB calls here, I am at best a coin flip, and I'm not risking half my stack to save a $200 blind.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand the theory being pushing -- the small blind would need a monster hand to call with the smallstack being so close to elimination. But even with that said, I am not playing this here. If SB calls here, I am at best a coin flip, and I'm not risking half my stack to save a $200 blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, actually, I think a large raise would be superior to pushing. I want to send a message that you can't swipe my blind with a short stack there, but I don't want to risk t4400 to win t600.

But even with a raise instead of a push, I don't know that the opponent would be wise enough to fold "good" hands against a guy that can bust him in this situation.

-SonnyJay
Old 08-07-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Interested to see what some $11 players think about it. Do you think that they're folding these hands with the microstack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely depends on the opponent. Half of them would call with MUCH worse hands, some would fold. Unfortunately, most of them don't see a lot of difference between AJ and AK so...