Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 05:31 PM

Default Wow - the walk of shame last night.....

So I'm playing in a tourney at House of Blues in AC and I'm card dead, I'm in BB and it's just me and SB. Blinds are 200-400 at this level. I'm dealt what I thought was K7 suited. We see flop, AA7. I bet 1k - meh prolly too much - but hey, he prolly has a random hand and less of a chance of an ace right?? whatever. (my stack was like $4,400) He calls, next card blank. check check. River is another 7. yay - I have a full house. He bets like 2k, I go all in, he insta calls. I flip over K6!!!!! He has A3. I was so stunned I misread my hand - would have lost anyway as he had the ace. I just walked away without saying anything. Everyone at the table muttered "k6????" So embarrasing. lol

Don't play poker tired.

that is all......
Old 01-22-2006, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Wow - the walk of shame last night.....

I've done the same thing. Late at night, after a few too many beers, I raise the blinds from the button with what I think is A4o. SB folds, BB goes all-in. I call and flip over 24o. I mistook the 2 for an A. That sucked the big one.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:53 PM

Cash-game: reasonably tight player is UTG (I'm sitting next to him) is betting pretty aggressively at a high card board.
At showdown he flips over his cards thinking he has a set. But he turns up J3o.

He looked at the first card when it was dealt.
Got the second card....but peeked at the first card again and thought he had a pair of J's.

(FWIW - I believe he truly mis-read his own hole-cards as he was pretty embarrased and seeemd genuinely surprised when he turned up his hand. I don't think he was trying to make a weird play for advertising value or anything like that)
Old 01-22-2006, 06:57 PM

Your river push is terrible, only gets called when tied, or more likely beaten.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:58 PM

i too have experienced miss reading the board, miss reading my hand. This happens when you have been playing a monster marathon session and you're really tired. Thats why i don't play long sessions any more. 10 hours is just about the max i'll do now. Playing stuck poker on the tail end of a 12 hour session is not fun at all.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your river push is terrible, only gets called when tied, or more likely beaten.

[/ QUOTE ]

true, true
Old 01-22-2006, 07:35 PM

I played a huge three handed pot where the board came Q76TQ.

I had 89 in the SB, and the button had 66, the BB, who was raising every street post flop had 93o for no pair. He acted confused, but it seemed like acting. We both lost a LOT of chips to the button. 35 BB pot.

Two hands later he gets up to leave, and I am almost to the felt, and he still has a few racks in front of him. So I offer him a hundred for a rakc of blues. He says ok, and just sits there. I ask half a minute later if I can take them. And he just refuses flat out to sell them to me. Wierdo wants to take them to the cage himself.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:41 PM

the funniest part about this post is the fact that you think if you had K7 then this hand would be a spectacular play.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:42 PM

How do you like the House of Blues?
Old 01-22-2006, 07:48 PM

This has apparently become the "misread your hand" thread, so here's my lovely story:

Loose game, I'm on the button with 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - yeah that's right, suited 8's - I was a little tipsy and a lot tired [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I raise it up after most of the table limps. Flop comes down 8-paint-paint. Whoo hoo I have a set! I jam the flop and bet the turn hard too. River is an Ace, some guy leads out, I raise, he 3-bets and I cap it up.

Bettor turns over Aces-up, I say "Nope, no good," show down my 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and all of a sudden I've gone from being the table rock to the table idiot.