Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 02:42 PM

Default Party 0.50/1.00 - c-bet or c/f ?

All players involved are pretty loose. This seems like a pretty clear c/f to me mostly because its multiway and an A flopped. I can't see myself ahead here ever as even A2 beats me and w/ these LP players, I don't think I'm getting them to fold an A. What say you?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero? </font>
Old 08-06-2006, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Party 0.50/1.00 - c-bet or c/f ?

These hands come up all the time and I usually just check fold em as well. Given that, I will say that I am rather weak and it might be a superior move to bet/fold.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:54 PM

If you check on an ace high flop everytime you miss people are going to be taking shots at you left and right. Continuation bet these once in a while and re-evaluate. Loose players will call with an amazing variety of things besides aces.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:59 PM

Giving the texture of the board, i would probably check fold. If there were 2 flush cards, i might check raise cuz some one might be betting a flush draw. But with this board texture, the bettor probably has AA.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:04 PM

Pretty standard bet. Fold to a raise from CO.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty standard bet. Fold to a raise from CO.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2006, 04:31 PM

what about a c/r? if he gives you a free card no harm done, if he bets you can try to push the small blind to fold, and then see what CO will do... any thoughts?
Old 08-06-2006, 04:51 PM

Thinking more about this hand, CO didnīt cap. So heīs not likely to hold AA or AKs. If heīs loose, he probably doesnīt have AQs either. Im thinking little suited broadway cards, and maybe AT or KJ. Thus itīs more likely he doesnīt have an ace (didnīt actually count, but i think the hands without aces overnumber the ones with aces). This way, maybe the bet/fold line would indeed be more proper.
I still like the check fold line, too. But i figure bet/fold will give us more information (whether he just calls or raises).
Old 08-06-2006, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking more about this hand, CO didnīt cap. So heīs not likely to hold AA or AKs. If heīs loose, he probably doesnīt have AQs either. Im thinking little suited broadway cards, and maybe AT or KJ. Thus itīs more likely he doesnīt have an ace (didnīt actually count, but i think the hands without aces overnumber the ones with aces). This way, maybe the bet/fold line would indeed be more proper.
I still like the check fold line, too. But i figure bet/fold will give us more information (whether he just calls or raises).

[/ QUOTE ]

This type of analysis is really good to do and I find it helps me a lot when I do. Unfortunately putting CO on a range based on his actions doesn't help that much in this particular situation b/c I'm equally worried about the other guys who are the type to love to play Ax. I think the b/f line is right for other reasons, however, having heard the commentary on this hand - I'm risking a small amount on the flop in a big pot and it pays me off when my opponents don't have an ace and fold immediately.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:25 PM

Yeah, i realized i was just concentrating the CO guy. It is very true that some of those other players might be playing Ace rag - itīs a popular hand to play. By betting, weīre likely to win the pot right there, or later, more often than 1 out of 13, i think. So it pays off in the long run [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

However, by checking, it sometimes gets checked through. But this doesnīt mean we would win, cuz a King or a Queen could fall, some one might make a set, etc.
Of course even if we bet, and everybody just calls, the situation is just the same. Everybody is still in the pot. But this doesnīt always happen, we might win the pot right there, some of the players might fold and we improve our chances to win, and even if no one folds, at least you donīt give any free cards to anyone.

My thinking could still be off the track, but this is why i have started to like poker. I get to analyze plays and hopefully improve my own game by doing so. If my analysis is wrong, some one will hopefully correct me, and i learn again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]