Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 10:17 AM

Default best values on poker stars

hey guys just recently open a pokerstars with minimal buyin wondering what you recomend for good value sit and gos and or tourneys. thanks
Old 08-06-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Re: best values on poker stars

If you just want to practice your low-stakes limit hold'em, the $5 sit-and-go's are very soft, and they give you the chance to practice full ring and short-handed play. Of course the nanos on Stars are also an option.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:53 AM

9 buy ins is a bit low for a sitngo bankroll. If you want tourney action they have a ton of freerolls their to get your feet wet.

I would suggest if you are set at playing sitngo's that you play micro until you make 5.50 and then take a shot.

That way you aren't touching your bankroll and you get a shot at the Moneymaker freeroll tourneys for the price of two sitngo's.

I would suggest single table sitngo's to start, they are the easiest to beat. Quite often you can get into the money just by playing 2 or 3 hands.

I won one and played 4 hands in total before heads up, so obviously the key to them is tight tight tight.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:55 AM

Ya, don't you love how you won't play a hand for about 10 orbits and then get raised and reraised when you open from early position?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:00 AM

what freerolls are you talking about the HUBBLES. not stuck on sitand gos but have been reading about the 4$ 180s sound interesting. have you had any luck with 10cent 50 added. tried last night lost second hand with AA second hand i raised preflop all lost to jj rivered jack no prob that happens. lol
Old 08-06-2006, 11:10 AM

I like the $3.40 SnG's on Stars. The "rake" is lower than Party $5+1. Nice games too.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:14 AM

cool thanks for the info. turbos seem to be a donk fest need hands really fast with the blinds. seem to be the scratch ticket of online poker lol
Old 08-06-2006, 11:17 AM

hubbles freerolls yes.

I have played a few 180's same precept but its much more difficult to get a good return rate, easy to break even but so many are so loose that unless you are willing to commit your stack with top pair all the time its hard to build your stack.

Sit for an hour trying to stay even or get a allstar monster and hope the 3 guys calling you down don't hit their junk hard.

My experience with the 180s finds that after 20 hands the field is halved. So if you aren't willing to gamble with the rest of the crowd early on, you are going to have to learn to play with a short stack very well.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:07 PM

Can't disagree. There is more variance at the turbo speed but in the long run cards even out and your win rate should be about the same per entry.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:37 PM

ty bona for the tip at 3$ 10 man sit and gos. just won my first one. played pretty tight.caught some hands and the stood up. blinds went, so i tried some stealing worked great. Got a good stack and watched them fade quickly. then just put down the hammer. i found that i won the table because more of the folds that i made than the hands that i caught, to to pay close attention to my pot odds it helped alot. ty guys