Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 06:39 PM

Default PayPal Restricted my account: Can I open a new one?

Recently, PayPal said that I violated their gambling policy (which I didn't know about): I could withdraw the funds I had, but I couldn't receive payments anymore.

I set up another account with a different email address. I would like to receive payments on that account. I have not associated any credit cards or bank account with the new paypal account yet, but I only have one checking account, which I'm hoping to withdraw funds to.

Any advice/tips/similar experiences? Thanks.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:35 PM

Default Re: PayPal Restricted my account: Can I open a new one?

Don't use paypal for gambling transactions. What site are you trying to receive payments from? Get Neteller/Firepay/etc.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:50 PM

if you go to them and tell them you didn't know they had a ban on gambling transactions, they will likely relent.

I don't know the exact situation you were in, but my account was flagged for making gambling transactions years ago...back in the day when it was still legal!

They didn't realize that they had busted me incorrectly for a long time. In the meantime, they asked me to sign a notarized document saying i would not use paypal for gaming transactions.

i was able to get them to open mine without hte hassle eventually when they realized their error, but you will likely need to sign a statement.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Recently, PayPal said that I violated their gambling policy (which I didn't know about): I could withdraw the funds I had, but I couldn't receive payments anymore.

I set up another account with a different email address. I would like to receive payments on that account. I have not associated any credit cards or bank account with the new paypal account yet, but I only have one checking account, which I'm hoping to withdraw funds to.

Any advice/tips/similar experiences? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they not have the fine for gambling anymore? When they first added it to their terms, it was $500 up to the balances of your Paypal account and all attached bank accounts (or whatever they could steal from you.)
Old 08-05-2006, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do they not have the fine for gambling anymore? When they first added it to their terms, it was $500 up to the balances of your Paypal account and all attached bank accounts (or whatever they could steal from you.)

[/ QUOTE ]

For real?!? Thats nuts.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:19 AM

Be glad you got your money back and walk away.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
PayPal is unlikely to invest much effort in policing an account that was never funded. But once you actually try to use it they will probably notice unless you take a lot of precautions to establish a fake identity and likely violate a few laws in the process.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For real?!? Thats nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Paypal isn't a bank. Very, very few regulations apply to them, and they thoroughly abuse that fact.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:56 AM

Paypal did you a massive favor, they are scum, run away and be happy.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For real?!? Thats nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Paypal isn't a bank. Very, very few regulations apply to them, and they thoroughly abuse that fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, that blows. One more thing to add to the list of why I don't use PayPal I guess.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:57 AM

wow, I'm sorry to read this, but glad I did. I use them to fund partypoker!