Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 05:11 PM

Default JJ

100NL 6m FT

Hero just arrived at table. No reads on villan. $100 effective stack sizes.

PF: Hero raises to $4 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villan in the CO repops to $7. Hero calls $3. All else fold.

($15.50) Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, villan bets $15.50, Hero...?

Thoughts on PF/flop appreciated.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:15 PM

Default Re: JJ

Yeah, I officially hate this spot.

Preflop is standard IMO.

You have 3 choices. You either 1) lead flop 2) c/c flop lead turn 3) c/c flop check turn then make a read based on turn card and his action. (some might say to c/r here...but I don't like that at all)

meh, I really don't know what 1 to do here. If I had any sort of feel for villain or table I'd c/c flop and check turn. With no feel, I think I just c/c flop lead a non Ace/King on the turn. Leading the flop isn't really my style
Old 08-05-2006, 05:34 PM

PF raise is on the money, I'm not liking Villian's reraise, smells of a big pair

no reads, I like the plan on the flop, check call, keep the pot small. I'm trying to get to a showdown cheap as possible
. If Villian pots the turn or an A or K come I think I can find the fold button.

Given my read, I still want to go to showdown if possible with this Villian because he could be making this play with anything 88, A-Q who knows, JJ is a good enough hand for me to find out what he's up to
Old 08-05-2006, 05:39 PM

Sorry, missed the small rr.

I still lead ~ pot since it is usually overcards. but if he is tight, will shut down regardless of turn and river. If he is a station, I will make smallish bets on safe turn and river.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the plan on the flop, check call, keep the pot small.

Given my read, 88, A-Q who knows, JJ is a good enough hand for me to find out what he's up to

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the first statement b/c of the second. You are probably ahead on the flop but any number of scare cards or a bluff also cost you the pot. i try to take it down on the flop and then shut down.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I officially hate this spot.

Preflop is standard IMO.

You have 3 choices. You either 1) lead flop 2) c/c flop lead turn 3) c/c flop check turn then make a read based on turn card and his action. (some might say to c/r here...but I don't like that at all)

meh, I really don't know what 1 to do here. If I had any sort of feel for villain or table I'd c/c flop and check turn. With no feel, I think I just c/c flop lead a non Ace/King on the turn. Leading the flop isn't really my style

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT this is my standard like, but i often lead all turns, A's and K's included, for a psb.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:50 PM

Are we playing for stacks on this hand?

We c/c $15, pot is at $45 with ~$80 left. Say turn is a blank and I lead for $30 with $50 behind and he calls. River plan (assuming blank)? c/c sound reasonable? I'm folding to any aggression anywhere right?
Old 08-05-2006, 05:57 PM

correct, vs. unknown i am not playing this hand for stacks.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the plan on the flop, check call, keep the pot small.

Given my read, 88, A-Q who knows, JJ is a good enough hand for me to find out what he's up to

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with the first statement b/c of the second. You are probably ahead on the flop but any number of scare cards or a bluff also cost you the pot. i try to take it down on the flop and then shut down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me? The flop min reraise is more often than not a higher pair... I can see A-K doing this, what else do you think he is min reraising with?
Old 08-05-2006, 06:23 PM

Check/call flop, check turn has gotten me into so many ugly situations that lately I've been attempting leading out in this spot. Check/call flop, lead turn may work, but the river is really awkward if he calls.

I think I lead the flop and fold to anything.