Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 03:48 PM

Default TPWK in decent sized pot

I've only been at the table for a few orbits. BB seems taggish and I haven't noticed anything out of line from him. Comments on all streets welcome.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $7.53
UTG+1: $54.77
CO: $112.99
Hero: $93.62
SB: $63.13
BB: $53.39

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $7.53</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($23.34, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $23.34)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $6</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($35.34, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $23.34, Sidepot 1: $12)
BB checks, HERO??

Not sure what to do here. Do I bet and try to get a better Ace to fold? Check it down and hope I have the best hand?
Old 08-05-2006, 03:51 PM

Default Re: TPWK in decent sized pot

I hate the preflop call, a limp reraise after the button calls your raise with him still to act behind you preflop, is not a good spot to be calling a large raise with a7s.

Onto the flop, I would just fold this here, I dont see you being ahead of much of the BBs range here.

After his turn check your just praying his has KK-JJ basically. I like a check behind.

On the river if checked to again, I would probably make a modest size bet. And fold to any resonable bet he made.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:52 PM

If BB is taggish, what do you put him on here? Would he bet out here on the flop without an ace? If you don't think he would, I would check turn, fold river. You're only ahead of one ace combo (A6). I'd check behind on the turn. Call a smallish river bet, but fold to a medium-pot sized one.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:00 PM

Stack sizes? They are very important to making decisions here. For example it may be okay to limp A7s preflop from late position if you are deep stacked as you are getting better implied odds if you hit your flush/2 pair. Assuming average stack sizes, I would fold preflop. As played, after making the raise preflop and getting reraised, I fold. I fold the flop.

Edit: Didnt see the how weak the bet was. As played, I dont fold the flop. Call the flop. Check behind on turn (you are not getting a stronger ace to fold here).
Old 08-05-2006, 04:06 PM

BB's bet on the flop is very weak and looks like a desperate attempt to pick it up with a medium/big pocket pair. After his weak flop bet and his turn check I think we're good here a good deal of the time. However, it's unlikely that BB will call anymore bets here with a PP so we might as well check behind to induce a bluff on the river.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:10 PM

I call on the flop because BB only bet $6 into a $23.34 pot. If he had a strong A, I would have expected a bigger bet.