Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 03:13 PM

Default back after hiatus - KK - how did I do?

I have been away for awhile, my daughter turned 1 yesterday, so some of you probably understand why. It's been good for me.. I have read SSHE about 4 more times and have been really playing to understand. At this point I am only going to get better by working the skill and talent this forum brings.

MP1 is 46/3.8/0.67 after 26 hands... loose, but not much for a read.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Straight forward raise, no clue about MP1.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

I am thinking at this point MP1 has an Ace... not putting him on any clubs.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls.

At this point my guess is he has dodged a club and gets some courage with the A.

River: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Do I bet here? It appears I am behind.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 01-22-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: back after hiatus - KK - how did I do?

I like it. Gotta bet that flop and since he didn't show anything bet the turn too. The turn RR makes me think you are behind but w/ 11 outs (2 K and 9 clubs) this is an easy call. River bet would be spew but I would have called a bet since you have a limited read and he very well could have a busted draw.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:22 PM

Looks fine. If you thought he had an ace, why don't you check-call the turn to try to improve instead of running into a check-raise. Bet when you're going to call if you have a chance to win the pot. If he has an ace, he's probably not going anywhere. Check-call on the turn would be my play with your read.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:17 PM

The turn bet is good, no reason to assume that villain must have an ace. He could easily have called the flop with any smaller club hoping to hit a flush. I don't think this hand could be played any other way against this type of opponent.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:47 PM

standard. Do you call a river bet? I think you're losing more than 1 out of 8 times. With so few hands you don't have much of a read, but an AF that low implies that a bet means something.

nh
Old 01-22-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks fine. If you thought he had an ace, why don't you check-call the turn to try to improve instead of running into a check-raise. Bet when you're going to call if you have a chance to win the pot. If he has an ace, he's probably not going anywhere. Check-call on the turn would be my play with your read.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you put him on an ace when he has a 43% vpip? I play this the same way. We bet the turn so the people drawing to a lower club flush still pay us off if we whiff. He could have a lower pair. I think check-calling the turn just because of the monotone board would be the wrong move.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:10 PM

I gave my two cents based on what the OP said was his read. I'm not saying that it was my read. I would play it the same way, but I would have a different read.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:38 PM

Guess my question was really to the OP then.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:18 PM

I am trying to remember, but at the time I had seen him play enough hands to think A was possible. His aggression was very low and it appeared he was waiting for a safe card before applying the pressure. I missed my read, but came close with my reasoning. Any guess on the results?
Old 01-22-2006, 11:20 PM

NI HA NI HA