Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think you are smarter than the average OOTer?
Yes 132 75.43%
No 43 24.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2006, 06:52 AM

Default CHANGE YOUR LIFE, OR AT LEAST YOUR AVATAR

Okay, today starts the clampdown on avatars, but I wish this to be a fun thing if possible.

Yes, I do realise that this thread is frivolous, and sort of contradicts the content-driven nature of threadage in here, but I think a little fun is called for, and I'm pulling mod rank for this thread alone.

Any of you that have an avatar you think is borderline offensive/crude/shocking/sexual may post it here as an image, and ask if it does need changing and/or for suggestions for changing, if you want.

Hell, you may even post asking for suggestions anyway if you want a change, even if your avatar is fine.

I hope you all appreciate this is in the spirit of keeping this forum more classy than the others, and I'd prefer no one is excluded because of avatarage, but rules are rules.

I personally like film/TV avatars best, so I'll try and make suggestions based on your posting style/history, but anyone can also join in and make suggestions that suit you.

so fire away.

db
Old 08-05-2006, 07:29 AM

Default Re: CHANGE YOUR LIFE, OR AT LEAST YOUR AVATAR

heya diebitter,

From bitter ( [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )experience I have a problem with the issue you are raising. You see, an avatar is not restricted to one forum but applies to all on 2+2. In some forums, an avatar may be appropriate, where it may not be in TLR. I would love to be able to use a different avatar for different forums. I have no issue with that, but I don't see why I should not be able to use an avatar that is far more innocuous than some, on other forums. My understanding of the way avatars work on the net, seems to indicate that you are in some way penalizing users to posts on all other forums on 2+2, for posting on this one. Maybe we should be able to open another account with a different avatar if you don't want people to be forced to post to TL;DR or other forums, exclusively, Alternatively you may clean all forums on 2+2, but, imo, you are opening a huge can of worms!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2006, 10:39 AM

To an extent, I agree with you, and I raised this very issue with Mat. However, he maintained that he wanted TLDR to be a classy forum, even at the expense of allowing posters freedom to choose previously acceptable avatars. Reatlly, though, the strategy forums have had somewhat tighter standards for avatars, and it's just OOT (and BBV, to an extent) that's been lax. There's some spillover, but that's the general feeling But since there's a lot of crossover between OOT and TLDR, I see your issue. Actually, opening up a MidGe-TLDR account isn't a bad solution for people who want to maintain mildly objectionable avatars on their main accounts, but still wish to post in the Lounge.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:02 AM

I feel like a change myself. I'm trying to decide between this

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_Rq4VstRENGQBpj.jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12vofemq0/EXP=1154876309/**http%3a//www.futurama-madhouse.com.ar/wallpaper/StarTrekPECrewWallpaper-t.jpg[/img]

and this

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9G_RqqKr9REvLwAY8GjzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12vijhv41/EXP=1154875658/**http%3a//www.thelin.net/laurent/cinema/photos/guerre_et_amour/woody_allen.jpg[/img]

what do you think?
Old 08-05-2006, 11:05 AM

katy-

Both those avatars are really bad. Try something else.

I actually like your current one a lot.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:39 AM

Woody Allen???

Its funny...and I love the movie Love and Death and I did laugh out loud when I saw the picture you posted, but it doesn't seem to fit you Katy.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:00 PM

Old 08-05-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other guy (Austin Powers?)

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Woody Allen from Sleeper.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:16 PM

Katy,

Go see Woody's new film, Scoop, very funny and back to vintage Woody Allen. I saw it with my moms and she never laughs during movies, she didn't stop laughing during this one.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:24 PM

Katy,

I really like your current one as it happens, but the toppermost one of yours is cool, as it is Star-trekky.

I'd also suggest...

A suitable cut-out from this...

or maybe...

Edit: I tried to get it avatar-size: