Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2006, 02:23 AM

Default 55 hand...*shakes head* capped PF (not by me)

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

<font color="blue">UTG is 42/18/2, and seems to be a bit on tilt, has raised last 4-5 hands after losing KK to J8o. I was originally thinking of 3-betting him and getting him heads up. After CO called, I was torn between fold and call (fold is correct here?)

After BB 3-bets and its capped, big pot, hitting set, getting paid of...and I press the call button. </font>

Thoughts?

Two Questions:
How do you play a blank flop like 237?
How do play a flopped set?
How about all overcards like TJQ?
Old 08-05-2006, 02:33 AM

Default Re: 55 hand...*shakes head* capped PF (not by me)

I would have folded the first time since I couldn't get it HU. Second time around it's a definite call.

I'd fold a low flop.

I'd checkraise a flopped set.

I would fold on an all overcards flop unless the pot is big enough to draw to a set.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:02 AM

c/r a flopped set? you kidding me lol its extact extract extract, only way your losing is mainly to set of A's K's etc etc, thats the whole point of why we even call this flop due to our set equity.

all overcards is obvious fold

blank flop you are still behind, you need to flop a nice OESD, A gutshot will cost us too much to continue due to the raising and reraising behind us etc

play the set any way you like you are going to get paid off hard, im not sure if your supposed to call 2 bets cold
tho...
Old 08-05-2006, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
c/r a flopped set? you kidding me lol its extact extract extract, only way your losing is mainly to set of A's K's etc etc, thats the whole point of why we even call this flop due to our set equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Check-raise, not check-call. Check-raising traps the field for 2 bets on pretty much every flop, since this flop gets checked around like never. If I'm donking this flop it's with the intention of bet/3betting, but if it goes bet-raise, then there's a good chance that hands that are drawing dead against my set get the chance to fold, since they're facing 2 cold.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:35 AM

ya im just saying a donk bet/3bet would be a much better value bet line followed by c/r the turn and then trapping them for 2 cold =p but [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] its all the same [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2006, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two Questions:

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
How do you play a blank flop like 237?

[/ QUOTE ]

cautiously. with a titling capper it varies, but with all the other plaers 3 betting and cold calling, they could be stronger than you.

[ QUOTE ]
How do play a flopped set?

[/ QUOTE ]

get out your raising rock. play small flopped sets as fast as you can, betting and raising at every opportunity.

[ QUOTE ]
How about all overcards like TJQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm usually either fit or fold here. if the pot is big enough to peel for the set then do it, but you probably aren't going to see a river.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:12 AM

Fold to the first raise, you don't know if enough people are going to come along to make this profitable. When it's two back to you I count it as 17:2 which is enough to call, but without a really strong read on what BB 3-bets, so strong you would have given it in your post, you are playing hit or git. Fortunately, you are behind to the two raisors so you should be able to avoid getting between raisors.

You'll have almost 22:1 odds on the flop so you can definately call one bet but I'd get a little careful about calling two because you don't want that to end up being 4 which from the pre-flop action it could be. Fold the turn ui.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:55 AM

I fold preflop. If I'm counting correctly, you are getting 5.5:1.5 to call the raise from the SB or 11:3 pot odds. You are only about 7.5:1 to hit a set on the flop, and I don't think there is any way you are winning this without hitting the set.

Even if you are 100% sure that BB calls behind you that still only gives you 6.5:1.5 odds or 13:3, which still isn't sufficient pot odds to hit your set.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:23 AM

I'd fold preflop both times; if it came back around for one more bet I call but for two more bets I think of this like cold calling and do it rarely.

How do you play a blank flop like 237? OOP into 3 opponents c/f

How do play a flopped set? The pot is large enough that you want to win it ASAP. The question is how to do that. I don't think a c/r here will work. Chances are the PF capper will bet, CO will call u raise and face BB with 2 bets so u might eliminate 1 opponent that way. If you bet, BB calls, UTG raises which faces CO with two bets then you 3-bet which faces BB with two bets. The problem then is that the pot is so big that it may still be right for them to chase. Because of that, this may be a spot where c/r the turn is more likely to make you opponents make a mistake. I would be more inclined to wait for the turn if there is no flush or straight possibility on the board which makes it less likely for cheap cards to hurt us on the flop.

How about all overcards like TJQ? back to c/f
Old 08-05-2006, 09:28 AM

I'd never wait for the turn with a flopped set. I would want to build the pot as big as possible.