Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Politics R.I.P. Do you feel differently about this site now?

I must admit that the circumstances surrounding the closing of the political forum, not necessarily the closing in and of itself, have left a bad taste in my mouth. Although not a prolific poster, I daily perused the forum and it was something I looked forward to on a daily basis. Mason and Mat have not bothered to have the decency(in my view) to specifically cite what prompted the closing, leaving the general held belief that it was discussion(admittedly rife with sophistry and propaganda) surrounding the current Middle East conflict that Mason could not stomach.

As such my respect for the powers that be on this site and indeed my overall feelings of all things 2+2 has soured. I cannot help but feel that my time and that of my fellow posters was unceremoniously discarded, and the manner in which it occurred was disrespectful of our time and efforts. After all, it was something of a fraternity. Has anyone else's opinion of this site been altered or is my reaction much ado about nothing?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Re: Politics R.I.P. Do you feel differently about this site now?

Why wasn't this posted in one of the dozen threads in ATF on the subject?
Old 08-03-2006, 12:18 PM

I don't know Wookie, do what you will, I read that such posts were allowed in this forum and I thought the nature of my query differed a bit from what is posted over there. I am looking for peoples thoughts and 'the lounge' seemed appropriate for thoughtful responses.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:30 PM

When I wuz in Elementary school, if someone did something real bad, the whole class got detention. By Middle school, that didn't happen, we wouldnt let them get away with doing such a thing.

At 2+2, I feel like I am back in Elementary school. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As such my respect for the powers that be on this site and indeed my overall feelings of all things 2+2 has soured. I cannot help but feel that my time and that of my fellow posters was unceremoniously discarded, and the manner in which it occurred was disrespectful of our time and efforts. After all, it was something of a fraternity. Has anyone else's opinion of this site been altered or is my reaction much ado about nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

My opinion has changed little. I have next to zero respect for the folks that run the show here. Over the past several years little has changed. I still get all my 2+2 books at the library. But I'm not so stubborn as to not read them, eh?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know Wookie, do what you will, I read that such posts were allowed in this forum and I thought the nature of my query differed a bit from what is posted over there. I am looking for peoples thoughts and 'the lounge' seemed appropriate for thoughtful responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a politics post, however. This is a post whining about the lack of a politics forum.

...About the lack of a politics Forum.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I must admit that the circumstances surrounding the closing of the political forum, not necessarily the closing in and of itself, have left a bad taste in my mouth. Although not a prolific poster, I daily perused the forum and it was something I looked forward to on a daily basis. Mason and Mat have not bothered to have the decency(in my view) to specifically cite what prompted the closing, leaving the general held belief that it was discussion(admittedly rife with sophistry and propaganda) surrounding the current Middle East conflict that Mason could not stomach.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty good effort, but a little too short for a Politics poster. Try again.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a politics post, however. This is a post whining about the lack of a politics forum.

...About the lack of a politics Forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay Wookie, my mistake. Keep your trolling 'whining' characterization to yourself. A simple explanation would have sufficed.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone else's opinion of this site been altered or is my reaction much ado about nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

My respect for Mason Malmuth and 2+2 as a company has increased dramatically.

The fact that Mason is willing to stand up to a significant number of idiot posters and do what he feels is right makes him A OK in my book.

Edit: And with that, I'm off to the bookstore to pick up Miller's new No Limit book. I hear its very good.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:39 PM

Yeah, that's really too bad. I was all set to post something in the politics forum, and now I see it's gone. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Oh well.

If they ditched it because not enough posters were willing to tow the Israeli line, that shines a poor light on them. (I don't know that that's what happened.)
Closed Thread