Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2006, 10:32 AM

Default $60s Is he squeezing here? Am I getting odds to call?

The size of his raise is a little odd...leaving himself T500 behind...obviously he is going all the way...I was lost as to what I needed to do here.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t100/t200
(Ante: t25)
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
hero: t4647
SB: t6545
BB: t2308

Pre-flop: (3 players) hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises to t600</font>, SB calls t500 <font color="#aaaaaa">(pot was t900)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to t1800</font>, hero...
Old 08-03-2006, 10:34 AM

Default Re: $60s Is he squeezing here? Am I getting odds to call?

Raise to 500 pf. Fold to the reraise, he's very unlikely to be bluffing.

Edit: Didn't realize there wer antes. I don't play Stars so open raise may be fine.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:53 PM

if he's been aggro at all i'd probably push. you're not going to be ahead, but you're often going to get in as a small dog against something like A8/77 with a lot of dead money in the middle. there aren't many hands that sb will call your raise and then call the push with. even if he has AJ, it's not a disaster as long as sb folds.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if he's been aggro at all i'd probably push. you're not going to be ahead, but you're often going to get in as a small dog against something like A8/77 with a lot of dead money in the middle. there aren't many hands that sb will call your raise and then call the push with. even if he has AJ, it's not a disaster as long as sb folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct!
Old 08-03-2006, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Afterwards that is exactly what I thought I should do....I of course folded like the WT bitch that I am...but it makes so much more sense to push here.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, if his range is semi-wide enough the money in the pot makes up for a 60/40 spot here.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What if this was a low buyin?? I had a very nearly identical scenario last night in a $6.50 and I pushed over only for the the larger stack to come along with a weak holding (KJo).
Old 08-03-2006, 02:33 PM

Yep, I push here. Even if BB has AK, you're getting better than 2-1 pot odds, and SB will be hard pressed to come along without a premium hand.

And if SB calls, it needs to end up BB&gt;SB&gt;Hero for you to go out 3rd.