Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Tunica Highest Stakes on Normal Weekend?

What are the highest stake games running on weekends (not during events)
both limit and no-limit
and where do they run
thanks
ps
i know this has been covered before
but did search and nothing was close
Old 08-02-2006, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Tunica Highest Stakes on Normal Weekend?

From what I know the show spreads 20/40 and 2/5NL pretty regularly.. not sure above that

Most other places seem to only spread 3/6 or 4/8 limit and 1/2 NL..... the strike will occationally get a 5/10 Limit game going. I think the grand might get a 2/5 NL game on weekends.

The horseshoe is your best bet for higher limits on normal nights.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:15 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

The few tims I have wacthed the $1-2 NL at the Gold Strike, it played really big for the size of the blinds. My Gold Strike info is dated, I haven't played there since before they changed the color of the felt on the poker tables. I stuck my head in the door in Feburary and the felt was like old blood burgandy or something.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:55 AM

At the Shoe I've seen them spread higher limit Omaha. (not during big tourneys)I don't know the limits but they were higher than 20-40. if you can find Chip777 he'd be able to tell you since he works there.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:28 PM

The Horseshoe has the highest games, both limit and no limit. I was there a few weeks ago on a Friday. If I remember correctly the limit HE was 4-8 to 20-40 and the NLH was 2-5 and 5-10. There was also a 5-10-25 PLO game. Horseshoe also has 1-5 spead limit stud. I think that's the only stud game that goes regularly in Tunica. No O8 at the Shoe.

Gold Strike usually has limit around 3-6 and 5-10, sometimes 10-20, and NLH 1-2 and 2-5. It also has a regular 4-8 O8 with a half kill (sometimes 3-6 with a full kill). Rarely 1-5 stud, and no PLO.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Horseshoe also has 1-5 spead limit stud. I think that's the only stud game that goes regularly in Tunica.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Grand gets a $2/10 stud game going maybe three/four times a week. I've played in it a few times, it can be REAL good. No ante w/ a $2 bring in, there's some tight passive old timers, and some gamblers who get tired of getting sucked out in the $4/8 HE games.

The Horseshoe $1/5 game has a .25 ante, and has a lot of senior citizen locals. it reminded me a lot of the $1/5 games in AC. But, the .25 ante makes play a little different and slightly looser. The stud players at the Horseshoe were not all that good IMHO.
Some of the $2/10 players at the Grand were pretty good though.