Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 01:58 PM

Default chip colors - oops!

I had been playing in the Bellagio $1K tournaments prior to my start day at the WSOP. The 100 chips at the Bellagio tournament are yellow while at the WSOP they are 1,000.

In the first orbit I looked down at AK offsuit in the cutoff after one limper and I casually reached down and tossed out two yellow chips (because I wanted to make it 200 to go). As I waited for the button to make his decision I began to wonder why he was taking so long. He finally folded. The BB took a decent amount of time as well before folding. The orginal limper looked across the table at me and asked why I raised so much. I asked what he meant and he said you raised to 2,000 and then I finally realized my mistake and told him as much. He folded and I won without any callers. The button folded TT. I woke up and started paying attention to what I was doing after that.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:13 PM

Default Re: chip colors - oops!

Wow. I wonder if it was +EV or -EV to tell them that you accidently put 2K in. I wonder if they believed you, or thought you were lying?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 PM

Default Re: chip colors - oops!

Sort of like typing the extra "0" in when typing in an amount online?

Just last week I put in a 3K bet with blinds of 50/100, leaving 200 behind. Big blind called and busted me.

I'm glad it worked out for you- This tourny is a slightly bigger deal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]