Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 10:26 AM

Default PPT goof.. rigged?

I just watched the "fourth quarter" episode of the foxwoods PPT event. There was one hand where the flop was clearly different when they showed it on the table compared to what the announcers and the tv graphics showed... I even paused it on my DVR to check. I should have saved the episode to get the details right for this post, but it didn't occur to me to post about it until I had already deleted it. anyone see this hand?

Sorry for my sketchy memory, but this is as close as I can do off the top of my head:

There was an all-in pre-flop and a call. One player had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and the other (Hoyt Corkin I believe) had J6o. On the table, you could clearly see the two hands face up, and the flop cards. The flop clearly had a 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], which the announcers claimed was a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], giving Hoyt a pair of 6's. Later they showed the board on the table and I could still see the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] even though it didn't match the TV graphics.

You could hear the floor man say "pair of 6's" though, and Hoyt took the pot.

Did anyone else see this?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:32 AM

Default Re: PPT goof.. rigged?

Did you know that you can see a ghost in the window in "Three Men and a Baby", and a hanging munchkin in Wizard of Oz too?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:23 AM

All of professional poker is rigged. Did you think this was a skill game? LOL thats how they suck you in. ZOMG SO RIGGED!
Old 08-02-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just watched the "fourth quarter" episode of the foxwoods PPT event. There was one hand where the flop was clearly different when they showed it on the table compared to what the announcers and the tv graphics showed... I even paused it on my DVR to check. I should have saved the episode to get the details right for this post, but it didn't occur to me to post about it until I had already deleted it. anyone see this hand?

Sorry for my sketchy memory, but this is as close as I can do off the top of my head:

There was an all-in pre-flop and a call. One player had A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and the other (Hoyt Corkin I believe) had J6o. On the table, you could clearly see the two hands face up, and the flop cards. The flop clearly had a 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], which the announcers claimed was a 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], giving Hoyt a pair of 6's. Later they showed the board on the table and I could still see the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] even though it didn't match the TV graphics.

You could hear the floor man say "pair of 6's" though, and Hoyt took the pot.

Did anyone else see this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chalk it up to a mistake in editing.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:00 PM

Yeah, I assume its some kind of mistake in editing, but I was hoping someone might have it on DVR and look at it and come up with a possible explanation. Since all the cards on the table matched the cards in the graphics except the one (most important) card, the only thing I can come up with is that maybe they re-film the hand or something like that.

I know they try to splice things together while keeping the illusion of live action coverage, but mistakes like this make me curious about what really happened.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you know that you can see a ghost in the window in "Three Men and a Baby", and a hanging munchkin in Wizard of Oz too?

[/ QUOTE ]

totally awesome response....+10 cool points for the day!
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM

I just watched the hand in question. There's no five of diamonds on the board in any shot. You saw it wrong or misremembered.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:35 AM

Default Re: PPT goof.. resolved

My bad. There was a goof, but it was a minor one. It was in fact the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the flop. The graphics showed the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] which was also in Hoyt's hand. I misread the rank of the card, but I got the suits right. I thought I must be going crazy [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Here's a couple screen shots:

Old 08-03-2006, 12:48 AM

Announcer: "At the first ever PPT final table, here we find Chris Bigler again!"

Wtf? Here he is AGAIN at the final table yet it's the FIRST EVER! hahah
Old 08-03-2006, 05:13 PM

That may have been in the context of them talking about how Bigler made the first WPT final table as well.

They do say a LOT of dumb stuff though..