Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 10:55 PM

Default OOT: Name my hockey team for $10

So I'm forming my own adult amateur league hockey team this fall in a league that I've played in for approximately 3 years now ( here's the league's website ), and I need a team name. I'm not even close to baller status yet, so I can only afford to dish out $10 via Pokerstars to the winning team name poster.

Here's what I'm looking for in a team name:

1. It's not already a name of another team (all current team names are on the website if you click on the divisions)

2. A potential sponsor would not be opposed to sponsoring the team due to the controversial nature of the name. I.E. "team donkey punch" would be unacceptable, "team SIIHP" would be borderline, so that's about as suggestive as it could get. I'm not yet sure if I'm going to solicit possible sponsors for the team, but I'd like to have the option available to me.

3. You have to have an IDEA of what the team logo would look like. I'm not asking anyone to photoshop or MSPaint me a logo, just don't give me a name without some sort of idea of what the logo would look like. Ideally I'd like the logo to be a variant of an existing NHL team logo, but this isn't required, I'm more interested in an awesome team name.

4. Be creative! I'm open to anything. Right now my best idea is "the shockers" and have the logo be a variant of the Tampa Bay Lighting, but in place of the lightning bolt in the middle, have a cartoon version of the shocker. So anything edgy is cool, as long as it's not blatantly obscene, but on the same note it doesn't have to be edgy either, I can't say exactly what I'm looking for, but when I see a great name I'll know it.

As a bonus, once I have the jerseys made (they will be professionally done with sewn numbers and logos), I can have an extra jersey made and sent to the winning poster with their name and number choice on the back.

If the mods allow it, I'll leave this contest open until 8 p.m. PST tomorrow (Wednesday) so about 24 hours. At that time I'll select a winner. If however, I fall in love with a great suggestion in the thread before the deadline, I'll end it then and award the poster his/her reward. Mods: if this is unacceptable, please let me know and I'll change it.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:02 PM

Default Re: OOT: Name my hockey team for $10

tl;dr, but my brother plays in a beer league and they were called the "MMMMM Donuts".

Where's my money?!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:03 PM

Snakes on a Zamboni. Got damn.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:04 PM

Obviously, I stole this idea.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Snakes on a Zamboni. Got damn.

[/ QUOTE ]
We Got Pucks 'N Snakes!!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:06 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

THE POZZERS
Old 08-01-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"team donkey punch" would be unacceptable...

[/ QUOTE ]

I use to be play on a hockey team called this, I don't know what you are talking about, it's completely acceptable.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:08 PM

The "snakes on a" idea is cool, but I'm looking for a name that will be cool for at least a few years. This isn't a one season only team, I'm planning on keeping it going for as long as I have players (read: 3-5 years minimum). Plus the jerseys themselves are going to be about $200 for a set of home and away, so I don't want to have to make them twice if the team name is not cool after this summer.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THE POZZERS

[/ QUOTE ]

this is unique, and I think we could get away with it and not be gay depending on the logo. What did you think the logo should look like?
Old 08-01-2006, 11:12 PM

edit: obv Alobar's tatoo.